This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By JDC - 28/07/2017 13:00

Today, my boyfriend of four years thinks so little of our future together that he doesn't want to share a Costco membership. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 804
You deserved it 538

Top comments

I think every account holder gets one addition to their plan for free. Maybe his mother is already on his and he doesn't know how to say? Maybe he's the addition on his parents! Maybe he saves up rewards and enjoy spending on himself? Let him know he can remove you at any time, and affirm with him you won't use accumulated reward points. Sometimes little things like that make people weird, but if that's seriously all it is, I wouldn't worry too much!

You've been with him four years and this is the best thing you have to go on for how he thinks of your future?

Comments

Maybe he doesn’t want you to be able to get in the club where he trolls for “free samples.” If you know what I mean ;)

What are you even trying to do anymore..?

I think every account holder gets one addition to their plan for free. Maybe his mother is already on his and he doesn't know how to say? Maybe he's the addition on his parents! Maybe he saves up rewards and enjoy spending on himself? Let him know he can remove you at any time, and affirm with him you won't use accumulated reward points. Sometimes little things like that make people weird, but if that's seriously all it is, I wouldn't worry too much!

Shane Hastings 10

I hate to say this, but then there's a chance he's cheating on you Lol

You've been with him four years and this is the best thing you have to go on for how he thinks of your future?

Karen L 6

My boyfriend is kinda like the opposite. He was thinking about the wedding on the first day we were together. but guess what? No kiss at all! I guess men just can't be both romantic and reliable.

Lobby_Bee 17

You must share everything once you're a couple? I don't think so.

squiros 2

this actually makes no sense. if the relationship isn't worth keeping, there would be other more significant indicators. if it's about costco, it makes even less sense. i wouldn't share a costco membership with anyone, including myself, i just think little of costco in the age of amazon. it certainly wouldn't indicate the value of any of my friendships. the friendships i do think little of would not be relevant to costco. are the editors low on material?

bigtwobah 6

You can only share a membership if you live at the same address.

I think for the free one, you're right. If you pay to have another on, you don't have to be at the same address though. (My neighbor had me added to hers, I just had to walk in and use my driver's licence. She also owns a business account though.)

bandeek 30

My boyfriend of 2 years doesn't think we have a future but wants to get a phone plan with me.

Maybe he doesn't want one because he is going to break it off between you two