By Anonymous - 07/09/2009 22:08 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of 4 years proposed to me. I said yes and he gave me an engagement ring. He immediately went to call his mom to tell her the happy news. After the phone call, he asked if he could return the ring because his mom needed money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 485
You deserved it 3 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oi. That sucks. But hey, it's okay. It's just a ring. It's not like he took back his proposal.

Comments

FYL...and if a guy is going to take your ring back to help his mother DUMP HIM. Give him the ring and walk out on his life

I agree with you, in part. I just wanted to add that the people commenting saying the mom is a bitch for demanding the ring back are not all single ladies, far from that. Many of us are married women with a few issues with their mother in laws. *LOL*

yeah cause marriage is so much more about the ring than about family. tsss.

SAY NO!! sure a proposal isn't about a ring but could there be a more symbolic way of seeing that your man is gunna be a huge momma's boy & your entire life will be ****** by your soon to be motherinlaw??!! I mean here's what the phone call must have been like: "MOM I'm getting married!!" "that's nice dear... but instead of letting you & your fiance have your moment I'm gunna point out my money troubles". yah... say no.

Tell him to sell something of his which is valuable such as a TV, Watch or Game Console... he shouldn't bring you into the picture, its his mom.

Tell his mom to get up off her ass and get a frickin job.

dELiA14 0

FYL? No, ur getting married to a sensitive guy who wants to get married to you and help out his mom. He'll get u another ring, so why ru freaking out? YDI because ur selfish :)

FFFFFFFFFFFF_fml 0

186, are you ******* retarded? She's getting married to a poor deadbeat who lacks any foresight. Sensitivity is not sustainability. OP - YDI for not being a gold digger.

No woman should marry a man who puts his mother before her. That is ASKING for trouble and a failed marriage. She should give him the ring back and break up with him.

I totally agree. thats entirely inapropriate for him to ask for the ring back..... thats not fair to her. it almost seems like hes guilt tripping her into giving the ring back.

satanstoystore 0

mom is asserting dominance and territory over her baby boy. youre not even married yet, things probably wont change until she dies. even then, not change much.

LadySpaz 1

Girl, get out while you still can...