By Twiddle - 07/12/2009 07:00 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend invited me for dinner to meet his parents. Turns out his stepmother is my gynecologist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 701
You deserved it 2 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

perdix 29

Big deal. One of the nurses at my colonoscopy was one of my friend's wife. Now she know what kind of asshole I am. ;)

oh haha an ass hole joke. man no one saw that one coming. thanks for stating the obvious

Mmm, at least you know there is a topic you two can talk about.

\(^o^)/. Penguin is amazed at this ^

This isn't really an fml, unless you have all sorts of diseases down there or something

are you mental? How'd you like it knowing your mother in law had had her head in your crotch poking things up your ******?? Definitely a FML!

Not only that, but your gyno needs to know if you're sexually active, whether you've ever had any STDs, etc. Some even insist on knowing how many partners you have had.

She isn't allowed to say anything about your medical history, so I think you're cool.

Just because she's not supposed to discuss patients doesn't mean she can't, or won't. My mother worked as a case worker for Children & Youth Services, and told me about specific people all the time.

Well your mother should be fired then

#98 is right. It is illegal for doctors/nurses to share medical information about their patients. Your mother should not only be fired, but also arrested.

mj2123 0

I don't think it matters that she can't say anything. Gynecologists have to ask about sexual history and activity, and who wants her boyfriend's step-mom (or any parent for that matter) knowing so much about the couple's sex life? This is just extremely awkward.

On the flip side, she can at least be confident that her stepson isn't contracting any STD's.

how incredibly awkward. i'd find a new gyno immediately.

KingHumanity 0

LOOOOOLL Great story to tell your kids. Maybe an FML for you, but hilarious for us. At least it wasn't his dad.

NotEven 0

Assuming you don't have any diseases or anything wierd going in down there, this is not a big deal. There is dr. patient confidentiality, so she can't go tell him all your business or anything, and as long as you are healthy, she has no reason to be concerned either. Now if you have herpes or something and are trying to hide it from your bf, that could get a little akward!

AEM_Racer1320 0

I don't see how this is a problem.... get over it.

tam_tiger 0

It's a problem because you're seeing someone who looks at your vag but out of the clinic or whatever. It may not seem that bad to some people but when you're a young woman you're going to have insecurities and it's simply an awkward situation. Hope you don't got the clap.

youthink_fml 0

No matter what, women will find insecurities about lots of things. If it's not this, it'll be something else.