By Anonymous - 15/01/2013 00:21 - Canada - Corner Brook

Today, my boyfriend gave me lingerie from Victoria's Secret. He then added that his mother picked it out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 579
You deserved it 3 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zingline89 18

She also tried it on for you to make sure it was nice and comfy.

hockeychicl003 6

he should have kept that last part a secret haha

Comments

As long as his mother has great tastes I don't see a problem. I would have been happy!

That is just beyond creepy. It seems your boyfriend and his.mother are way way too close. On the other hand maybe he wanted a woman's advice?

tj5810 21

Mother knows best? Maybe so, but did he really have to include her in this venture? There are just some things you do that shouldn't involve parents. Picking out lingerie is definitely on that list.

Aha, that reminds me my fiancé who told me he one day that the first birthday present he got me was similar to a present he gave his ex. I didn’t even get upset because it’s so him to be so honest to the point of putting himself in an embarrassing situation. His logic was: “girls like this type of stuff so since I didn’t know you so well, I thought you’d like it”. I’m sure your boyfriend meant well and wanted to make sure to get you something nice.

At least he cared enough to get a second opinion, as if a guy buying lingerie wouldn't be embarrassing enough for the poor fella. Show some gratitude.

Its not THAT horrible is it? I bet he had NO idea what to pick out or even any idea of what you would like. Sometimes mothers have good ideas/choices. Just be thankful his dad or uncle didnt pick it out.

Ehhhhhhhhhh.......wtf I wouldn't have wanted to know that for sure, hopefully she does ask if you've worn it yet the next time you see her.

Lol! My MIL got me a sexy lacy getup for Christmas

badbaby_87 5

Tell him you'll always think of his mom every time you wear it.

I hope his mother has a good taste (and body). It's dumb to tell you his mother picked the lingerie.