By same - 21/11/2015 06:39 - United States - Palo Alto

Today, my boyfriend decided to gift me soap, a razor, and deodorant for my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 790
You deserved it 6 876

Same thing different taste

Comments

Your boyfriend would definitely like to see his girl in a very sweet and pretty way. I think he really likes you, otherwise he wouldn't have bought those beautifying stuff for you. Cheer up, my friend!

Maybe she doesn't care about being sweet and pretty. Not all women do. If someone I was dating bought me a razor, he'd be the one getting dumped, but not before I told him where to shove it, sharp side first.

MonstreBelle 28

58- If you think something so trivial warrants a break up, then good luck ever having a successful relationship. Or having one at all. Such extreme pettiness tends to send people running in the opposite direction to avoid the crazy

Explicit? Yes Good intentions? Yes Should you do something about it now that you know? Yes

To me it just sounds like he thinks you enjoy your hygiene routine and bought you supplies because he knew you would get an actual use out of it. Or it could be that hygiene products are a very "safe" gift- jewelry could be in a style that is disliked, clothes can be ill fitting, flowers and perfumes could cause allergic reactions, make up can be the wrong colors, sweets might be taboo due to diet restrictions, and reservations for a fancy dinner could be at a restaurant you hate. He could have just been broke from spending more money on other things than he meant to, and it was the best gift he could think of with what money he felt he could spare. Maybe he likes the way the soap and deodorant smell and wants you to smell like them and your own personal scent. He wouldn't have waited until your birthday to give you the items if he thought your hygiene is as lacking as you seem to think he thinks it is.

No, if someone buys you deodorant then that means they're trying to tell you that you stink. He bought her razors because she probably doesn't shave. Soap is only appropriate as a gift if it's something nice, from let's say bath and bodyworks. He did mean well, he obviously likes her otherwise he would have just dumbed her, she's probably just hard to be around because she smells. Honestly I've never met someone that buys deodorant for another person unless they're trying to hint at something, deodorant is not a gift you give someone unless they smell bad.

I disagree about the deodorant. My boyfriend and I buy each other deodorant and such because we think they smell good on the other, plus we're glad to get things we'll actually use. I can see how some people might take it that way, though.

Razors are expensive, I'll take the gifts if you won't.

All these comments about how OP is lucky she didn't get dumped? **** that, the boyfriend's lucky not to be an ex. There are much better ways of addressing your issues with your partner, and in the case of hairiness, they're completely superficial and shallow. OP, I think you can do better.

Yeah, the smell should be talked over. The hair is a personal choice. You can say you don't like it, but the choice is the person who has to go through the whole shaving process. If I date a guy, I'd personally rather them shave, but a lot of people would find it ridiculous for me to demand he shave. However a lot of people find it okay to demand women shave?

For real. Any guy who demands that I shave is on the fast track to having his number blocked. It's just hair. As long as the body it's on is being regularly washed, there's nothing gross about it.

Those things are fun as random gifts, it shows they are thinking of you, but I would never buy a someone that stuff for their birthday unless they wanted the fancy stuff, thats just thoughtless.

Clean yourself up, hippie, or you won't have a bf to give you anything.

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that OP needs this stuff. It's very possible that the boyfriend just got it for her to be an ass, or because he didn't know what else to get her. It doesn't necessarily mean that she's unhygienic.

He also could have just enjoyed the way it smells or thought she would enjoy it. Not everyone is great at picking out gifts.