By Anonymous - 07/10/2011 09:07 - Australia

Today, my boyfriend asked my father for permission to marry me. My father refused, on the basis that I'm the only person in the house with a job, and if I leave he will have to start looking for work. My boyfriend won't marry me without his permission, and my lazy father won't change his mind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 444
You deserved it 3 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omg this is so stupid. Your boyfriend should man up!! And your fathers a selfish piece of crap!

Just leave make your lazy father get a job,

Comments

Iknoweverything 29

So move out! Your father will be forced to look for a job, and his reason for denying permission to your boyfriend will be gone. It's not rocket science! (Although he may decide to ostracize you... my boyfriend was ostracized for refusing to support HIS father's lazy ass. So you'll have to decide: life of your own, or becoming your dad's retirement plan?)

Why wouldn't you just move out... Then your dad will have to get a job anyway, and he probably wouldn't care if you got married...

mbrooks5110 0

Seriously if your father had a good reason I'd understand but being lazy like that no. How about you just move out anyway so it won't matter if you are the only person in the house with a job.

cbdee 8

Move out, & if need be find a new BF!

So quit your job, your father will have to actually find one then and he would have no reason to say no.

The more you should move out. He is leeching your money like a freeloader.

dmmcintyre3 8

Move out anyway, especially if you are already paying all the bills.

lakebitch01 0

Wow.... Your boyfriend is the last of a few gentleman. But I would have to step out on the free loading dad. And marry the man!!

First, move out. Second, propose to your boyfriend. That'll be a turn up.