By Anonymous - 07/10/2011 09:07 - Australia

Today, my boyfriend asked my father for permission to marry me. My father refused, on the basis that I'm the only person in the house with a job, and if I leave he will have to start looking for work. My boyfriend won't marry me without his permission, and my lazy father won't change his mind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 444
You deserved it 3 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omg this is so stupid. Your boyfriend should man up!! And your fathers a selfish piece of crap!

Just leave make your lazy father get a job,

Comments

Mexico is very far away from Australia...i find it difficult to understand how she could run there

l_alice_l 0

You are the only one in the house with a job, meaning you can feed at least two people(you and your father). Why the hell aren't you moving out? You are more than capable of sustaining yourself. Also, people should stop bashing her boyfriend. He is just being considerate of her [stupid] family's wishes. He is taking it to far, but it's still not his fault..

Just like many others have said- Move out and stop letting your father take advantage of you.

mistersheezy 7

Give your boyfriend his balls back and do what's best you.

You look like Tyler from epic meal time... that Is awesome

ChrisTheCalm 9

Looks like you're boyfriend is being cheesy, and your father is a fat sack of unemployed crap, and you're stuck in the middle looking like a retard. **** your life and **** it hard.

every1luvsboners 11

She's her own boyfriend? She's dating herself? My head is going to explode if you don't explain this comment.

ChrisTheCalm 9

I just caught what you said. Fill in the punctuation of the words I misspelled. I'm sure it will also fill in that piece of you grammar Nazi soul too.

every1luvsboners 11

This is a family oriented website, vulgar language is frowned upon. If you would so kindly apologize and thank me for making you a smarter person, I would appreciate it.

ChrisTheCalm 9

I would appreciate it if you also backed off. I made two mistakes, you can still read it. You didn't make me smarter in anyway. If anything you made my IQ drop from listening to you. So thanks for that. :)

ikickgingers 15

I love hostility. Commence spankings!!!!

ChrisTheCalm 9

You are ******* hilarious. :D spankings FTW

every1luvsboners 11

I'm just trying to prevent this from happening in the future. Your use of "you're" threw me for a loop. I was in disarray, I was so confused with nowhere to turn. Thank goodness that I have a toy Snauzer. She is always here for me.

ChrisTheCalm 9

Ok. Well in that case, if my two mistake sentence threw you in disarray, or whatever, you can still read it because it just has a different meaning. I'm not going to apologize, but maybe it won't happen again. Maybe it will. Jerkface :)

every1luvsboners 11

There's a big difference in making a typo and not knowing the difference between "you're" and "your." Thumbing up your own comments is mighty sad, ClammyChris.

ChrisTheCalm 9

Maybe you should put your thumb up your ass and **** off, I didn't thumb anything.

ChrisTheCalm 9

Or are you just mad because you have negative thumbs on your comments? Jealous much, fag.

every1luvsboners 11

Yep, get ready for multiple banhammers up your arse. You can't use derogatory language on the website. You're welcome.

first off he didnt use vulgar language in that one reply, so for him to apologize is really stupid, why dont you grow up and realize that this website is called **** my life, and if you look at the whole website, there is tons of vulgar language, sexually related, fmls and comments, if you dont like it get off the website, and second off i read his comment with no problem either you are looking for a way to get into a argument with someone even if its about ******* grammar mistakes go ahead and correct me if you want to, but damn grow up, and thirdly chris i like your comments they are blunt and the truth,

l_alice_l 0

You are the only one in the house with a job. Meaning you can keep (at least) 2 people alive by yourself. Why the hell aren't you movim out? Also, people should stop bashin her boyfriend. He is just being considerate of her family's wishes. He is taking it too far, but it's still not his fault

ikickgingers 15
RedPillSucks 31

Unda da sea. Every ting's betta down where its wetta. (sorry....)

perdix 29

You need to find a man with balls. Asking the father's permission is just a formality (unless you are a child), so your boyfriend is a spineless coward and won't make a good husband or father. He'll probably become a parasitic bum like your own dad.

cbdee 8

Not sure why your getting thumbs down 22, but I totally agree.

Maybe because 22 is being harsh and judgemental? Just because OP's boyfriend respects family dynamics and doesn't want to cause any undue tension in OP's family doesn't make him a "spineless coward". I also do not see how it also gives any evidence that he's lazy, a bum, or a parasitic person. The thumbs down on 22 are because most people are rational, compasionate, and are not jaded cynics with a pole up their bum.

cbdee 8

Asking for her hand as a sign of respect is great, but her worthless father just wants to continue freeloading, her fiancé should man up & go on w/the wedding, unless he has no balls and needs approval for this life long commitment. She's most likely found another freeloading, ball-less male to replace her good for nothing father.

#154, you need to re-read perdix's comment. The boyfriend does show respect by asking the father's permission, but as perdix mentioned, it's merely a formality. If the boyfriend truly wanted to be with her, no one's opinion, except for his and hers, should prevent it. So I agree with perdix, he is a spineless coward.