By Anonymous - 06/11/2012 02:48 - United States - Gainesville

Today, my best friend got engaged to the guy she's been seeing for five years. He also happens to be the man I've been in love with for eight. As she was giving me the details, she nonchalantly gave me her reason for accepting the proposal: "Why the hell not, there's always divorce." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 397
You deserved it 4 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

8 years?? Perhaps it's time for you to move on?? And for those saying for OP to tell him, I think she's missed her window. He wouldn't have proposed if he didn't love her best friend, and no decent friend or human would ruin their best friend's relationship or wedding.

Ouch. That's a doomed marriage for sure, and that sucks for everyone involved. But if dreamboy can't see that she's that shallow and stupid after 5 years, then you should probably stop dreaming about him and find someone better.

Comments

I gonna get thumbs down but hell she don't really care so why don't you just be the reason they get divorced. then cut them both after wards.

If you've been in love with the guy for eight years and you haven't done anything about it then that isn't love, baby, it's obsession, by Calvin Klein. If you wanted him you should have said something eight years ago. On the other hand, if you loved him despite the fact that he was sleeping with your friend, then the two of them getting married should only make your (lack of) relationship that much stronger. It's just more of the same thing that made him so attractive to you, am I rite?

LOL by Calvin Klein. yeah, she had 3 years to make something happen and she failed. Usually when a girl tells me that she "used to have a crush on you" I say "yeah, and you missed your opportunity. move on"

I agree. the guy I'm dating now, I didn't fall in love with him until we were dating a long time.

In the words of Lupe Fiasco... "Bitch Bad... Woman Good". As Kanye West would say "Gold Digger" and as I would say "she is going to suck him dry... literally and figuratively.

Maybe you'll have a chance you rightfully deserve.

absolutelyrooted 5

I think I have heard this plot line before... Romantic Comedy "Something Borrowed" (2011)... Ten points for creativity... not.

I feel your pain worst part is that you know you can't do anything about it because if you do you could risk losing 1 or even both of them.

absolutelyrooted 5

Can comments get deleted? Because I just totally caught this poster using the plot line of the movie "Something Borrowed" and now the comment has disappeared.