By effyou - 10/02/2011 05:16 - United States

Today, my best friend decided to start dating my ex. We broke up yesterday. She also thinks I'm crazy because I'm upset about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 4 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

azurasai 3

they were together long before that's why.

6 month rule should be adhered to, at the least. otherwise, not a very good friend.

Comments

Look everyone. A future convicted felon. Enjoy your daily rape in prison.

Someone should beat the shit outta you. I can't believe you support beating a lady.

How is this not moderated? this loser is advocating beating women. I get moderated for calling them future felons.

IsabellaSmith7 0

I had the same thing happen to me and I know how much it sucks because I loved the guy and I also love my best friend. It was a really hard thing to go through but in the end I knew I wanted them to be happy even if it hurt me. This situation will only make you stronger and if the guy did this to you be glad your not together! You deserve someone better and by not being with him your on to the next one. As for the friend let her know how you feel, it'll make her relise what she did but if your really friends in the first place then you still will be.

jaws421 0

yeah I'm going through the sane thing but with a guy who was more like my brother

lilgurll 0

my friend did that to me too lol I was piss ed when she told me! x( FYL

Who broke up with whom? If you weren't into him, I can see how she'd think it was okay to date him. If he dumped you and you were heartbroken, it was insensitive of her not to wait a little while. This happened to me except my friend told me she was dating my ex's cousin (who lived with my ex). When another friend let the truth slip a few weeks later, I felt so betrayed that she would let a boy come between us. I didn't care about him but I was so hurt that they'd lied. Ruined our friendship completely. I wish she'd just told me. Don't throw away a friendship over something as trivial as a bf; they come and go.

Except the 'Don't throw away a friendship over something as trivial as a bf; they come and go' part. I don't know about your love life, but my boyfriend came and stayed. A serious relationship has imo much more value than a serious friendship. You know, it's the girl/guy you are going to live with, eat with, sleep with, produce baby's with...

RedPillSucks 31

DjeePee, Did you know right away that he was the 'one'? It's hard to tell sometimes that a relationship is going to stand the test of time, so I can see that if you had an enduring friendship with someone else, that you might not want to endanger it for a relationship that might not be serious. It's a judgment call.

'so I can see that if you had an enduring friendship with someone else, that you might not want to endanger it for a relationship that might not be serious' Ofcourse. If you think the friendship is more serious than the relationship, well, bro's before ho's. But if you think the relationship is (or will be) more serious than the friendship - which is actually the point of a relationship; a partner should also become your best friend - then a relationship isn't trivial. Maybe it's because I am bad in keeping friends, but from the moment when I fell in love with my boyfriend, I knew that he was much more important for me than all my friends were. He's the only one I've ever been with, and whilst I always meet new potential friendshipmaterial, I have yet never meeted some other potential relationshipmaterial.

lifeisbutadream3 0

Oh she has a long road ahead of her filled with muddy karma. What a horrible friend you have. You must feel so hurt and betrayed, I'm sorry OP, life is hard and sometimes unfair. ;(

Actually I've been there, years ago, however the people involved had the decency to wait a few weeks before dating. The friend involved also discussed it with me first. He didn't 'ask' but we talked about it first. It's rough. I'm Sorry OP, the fact that they couldn't have given you some time to mourn your relationship is really crappy and shows an incredible lack of respect all around.

ppriscilla 0
RedPillSucks 31

Looks like she was waiting in the wings for you to fail so she could snatch up your ex.

I totally called that you were a girl in Cali before I even looked at the page, god I'm good...