By effyou - 10/02/2011 05:16 - United States

Today, my best friend decided to start dating my ex. We broke up yesterday. She also thinks I'm crazy because I'm upset about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 376
You deserved it 4 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

azurasai 3

they were together long before that's why.

6 month rule should be adhered to, at the least. otherwise, not a very good friend.

Comments

i agree with the person who said they have been together all along. He just didn't have the balls to break it off with you untiil yesterday. she's the one who probably made him finally do it

PuddlePuppy 8

Now OP has an ex boyfriend and an ex friend :) I hope.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
kaitthegreat 0

yess we do , best friends never date your exs . thats just how it is but apparently op has a shitty " best friend " .

'best friends never date your exs ' That's a shitty rule. It's not because Mister X wasn't the right guy for me, that he could never be it for my best friend. It's painfull to see your best friend with your ex, agree, agree, but if they are really happy with each other, let it be. Although I would recommend to 1) wait a couple of weeks/months before you start dating 2) have a talk with the best frriend whose ex you're in love with.

See. Different women disagree on this rule that you say is there. Whereas with men it is a universal rule. You don't bang your best friends girl/sister/mother. And if she becomes an ex you hate her right along with your mate. There is an exception to this rule however. If said ex is a perfect 10 then it is excusable to bang her after a night on the booze (and yes, this allows for the adjusted perfect 10 with beer goggles on). But only if you do something to leave your mark on her or her place to humiliate her as much as she humiliated your friend. That way you and said friend can have a laugh about it next time you see him. A sub-clause to this is that you are allowed to date said ex... but only for the purposes of dumping her and breaking her heart like she broke your friends heart. ;-)

RedPillSucks 31

They may agree there's a rule, but they certainly don't abide by it. I see this happen all the time.

brucem1254 0

not always true, had a friend kiss am ex only a month after our breakup when he said he wouldn't

you_failed 15

Uhuh, your "friend". :/ I bet you he was cheating behind your back with her and he finally broke it off with you yesterday.... :/

fiveonefiveoh 0

people like her just baffle the **** out of me!!!!

OP, you have every right to be upset, but technically you are not dating your 'ex' any more, so it should not matter who he dates, although I can understand where you're coming from in that your best friend should be comforting you, not dating him.

fiveonefiveoh 0

technically, friends arent supposed to date friends exes, unless the friend is ok with it

fiveonefiveoh 0

technically, friends aren't supposed to date friends exes, unless the two have talked about it and agreed that they're over it enuff to see it happen..

Aregonde 15

Actually, you can date anyone you want. That's not for your friends or any societal "rules" to control.

I thought that girls had a code on this kind of thing

blkandredenvy 0

there is a code. when a guy breaks ur friends heart, u break his d*** at least that's what me and my friends stand for.

thats stupid. what if the friend is just an emotional wreck and would react even if the guy was trying his best not to hurt her feelings?? sounds flawed to me

thats kinda harsh. i mean yeah if he was a dick then i would understand but sometimes relationships don't work out if you don't love them back. A guy can break up with a girl in the most gentle way possible and still end up hurting her. He's not trying to be mean but sometimes its unavoidable you can't blame him for that.

Sounds like they were already a couple.

EmoLittleBish 0

Oh man I'm sorry =( I would be pissed OP!

takemewithy0u 0

She obviously doesn't view you as a friend if she's going to pull that garbage!

sorry for you..): and she's so not a nice friend..): ):