By JPTK - 17/06/2012 16:08 - United Kingdom - Newark

Today, my best friend and I broke up with our respective girlfriends, so we could go on holiday and meet lots of new women. Instead, within a few hours, he got back with his ex, and they're planning their own holiday together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 780
You deserved it 59 563

JPTK tells us more.

JPTK 1

OP CLARIFICATION TIME!!!!! A *month* ago, me and my ex broke up as I was moving away, 3 days later she got drunk and had rebound sex with some guy. Talking to my best mate, he said we should go on a lads holiday around Europe to get over our exs etc. (He broke up with his around the same time). Y'know - meet some girls, work on our tan, drinks on the beach, you know the drill! Yesterday, when we were supposed to book, he told me he had to pull out as he'd gotten back with his ex and wanted to go on holiday with her. That is why FML.

Top comments

You deserve it. Why break up with your girlfriend just to pick up other chicks? You're kind of an asshole.

Why would you do that in the first place? It doesnt make any sense. YDI

Comments

Why would you do that in the first place? It doesnt make any sense. YDI

DontModMeDammit 10

If you broke up with your girlfriend to hook up with random girls on vacation, then you really shouldn't care that your friend got back together, because you clearly didn't care for your now ex-girlfriend.

guckylynn 19

He did it because he's a scumbag.

26- at first when I saw your pic it looked like you were killing your dog from far away, it's better up close:)

DontModMeDammit 10

52, probably because his wicked evil tongue. Lol

At least they were classy enough to break up with their girlfriends BEFORE going on vacation and sleeping around. Props for having an honest life, even if it's sleazy.

william8691 10

It's not fun being a man ***** now is it now? you're all alone if i was you bro I'd do everything i could to get my woman back and I'd treat her like a queen for being an asshole, but thats just me..

This kind of brings that movie 'hallpass" to mind... Only op probably isn't going to get any action...

This FML reminds me of the inbetweeners movie

If you didn't have a better reason to break up with her, other than you wanted to hook up with some ladies while on vacation, what the hell were you doing in a relationship in the first place? Guaranteed sex is nice but you definitely come across that getting random pussy is more important than being with a lady who was probably too good for you.

You deserve it. Why break up with your girlfriend just to pick up other chicks? You're kind of an asshole.

a man of your logic deserves a ****, not a woman

Maybe OP is actually in love with his friend and is too shy to admit it hence the vacation together. The women are but a ruse!

It could be a possibility? But who knows.

Im i the only ones who sees this as both their relationships were bad so they decided to break-up at the same time to help themselves get over it. No one wants to be single alone. If they but wanted some hoes the YDI, if my idea is right then FML

SexiMamita91 3

#16 just wanted to say that ur picture hit pretty hard to home just now :-(

calaholic35 0

YDI for sure... Honestly unless youve been dating for less than a week that was a major dick move... I hope every woman you meet on holiday turns you down

Why would you do that to your own girlfriend?

Hiimhaileypotter 52

My guess is he didn't truly care about her and needs to mature a bit before he gets into another relationship.

I feel like it's for the best, if OP was dumb enough to break up with his girlfriend just to sleep around, then he obviously didn't deserve to have a girlfriend in the first place...

cradle6 13

I sorta disagree. That's fine if he no longer wished to be in a relationship with her and called it off, and wants to meet new people. But if this decision is based on a friend doing the same thing, and his friend's failure to do so makes him regret his breakup, then there's a problem.

mdds 2

who else's girlfriend would he do that to?

DreBeezy 9

So wait, let me get this straight! You broke up with your girlfriend so you could go on a holiday trip with your friend who is also a male? Sounds kinda gay to me op.....

DreBeezy 9

Well, I tried :) that's all that matters

nuggetmonster 12

The wise words of Jedi master Yoda.

25 - Are you really from Louisiana? If so, I just wanted to send a hello from a fellow native of the state. c=

Don't you find it at all rude to use "gay" as a derogatory term? If I was gay, I'd probably be offended. Even though I'm not, that still doesn't come across in a nice way. Plus, how would you know if OP is gay? In fact, he DID have a girlfriend. Just saying.(:

mumgee 3

sounds like something out of a movie.....

what a douche you totally deserve it

Ge0rger0kz 5

Why couldn't you take her along with you? Serves you right.

Because he wanted to meet new women and probably bone them....

Why not "bone," or rather, have sex with someone who's already your girlfriend? -_-

sorrowsangel89 1

What a douche move on your part. At least your best friend was lucky enough to get his woman back.