By Jobless - 13/08/2009 01:47 - United States

Today, my 16 yr old cousin needed help making a job resume so I give him mine to see as an example. He changed my name to his and it got him a job right away. The sad part? I handed my resume out to about 30 places and I am still unemployed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 972
You deserved it 4 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If this isn't fake... Try putting your first initial on the resume, instead of your first name. That way, they won't see your gender in your name, and you might get your foot in the door. I've seen it work for other people... (I'm a guy, though, so that trick won't help me. Sucks.)

Jcataquiz 0

I submitted this FML, and if anyone else is wondering, i wasn't making this up and I'm only 18 years old. haha

Comments

irishdancer 0

agreed... Maybe they like younger people there?

Total YDI here. Your cousin changed his hame to "Clay Aiken" and that is why he got hired.

tangerine_12 0

okay..."LatinoHeat", would you quit commenting on FMLs concerning Clay Aiken? seriously its retarded, ive seen about 3 FMLs in a row with comments saying "YDI...blah blah blah...Clay Aiken." obsessed much?

HahaYDI 0

YDI for mistaking "give" for "gave".

it doesn't suck bcuz this guy probable put something on his resume 16 years old can't do

i agree with #57. it's weird how you haven't been hired, your engrish is obviously excellent

You must have a really bad resume for a 30 year old if they believed that he had the same amount of work done in that 14 year difference

Can't OP's cousin get into legal trouble for submitting a resume with false information on it?

zymn 6

so a woman's resume works for a guy? weird.

maybe he is applying for less fancy jobs. or she is pregnant / with young kids, which is like a death sentence when looking for a job.

Just goes to show about prejudice in the work place. There have been studies. The exact same resume for a guy and a girl will get different outcomes.

THEREFORE WOMEN SHOULD DO EVERYTHING FOR THE MEN! ******* GENIUS lollllllllll xD

anyways i was re reading all this and i realized... a womans resume obvs can work for a man but the age difference and the work experience would be the "wtf" in this FML how does a kid, probably, not definitely but probably, applying at some food joint, considering A)its his first resume & B) he's 16, land a job without any call to the womans professional references... i lold either the kid looks like a laid-off worker, or the chick is going no where in life

Meh...replied to wrong comment. Sucks for you though...maybe your resume was good for a 16 year old but bad for someone of your age? Anyway, change your name to Max Power...should work perfectly!

7 = worlds creepiest profile pic ish........

M13LO 0

hey I need a resume to... do you think I can borrow yours??

Clearly you haven't got a very nice name...

If this isn't fake... Try putting your first initial on the resume, instead of your first name. That way, they won't see your gender in your name, and you might get your foot in the door. I've seen it work for other people... (I'm a guy, though, so that trick won't help me. Sucks.)

It doesn't make one cool to call fake on an FML...actually it's just pissing people off because no one f****** cares...

Whoa there cowboy. He didn't yell out "FAKE!" In fact he did the opposite and gave great advice. I am a guy as well so that advice would work against me as well I'm afraid.....

no shit you're not getting a job with a 5 page resume. employers probably think you're an idiot. resumes are supposed to be one page, only the front, not even double sided. you can go onto a second page if you're like a big time professional with a lot of relevant experience. but every waitressing job and retail job you've ever had are not relevant when you're trying to get a real job. try making a resume that employers won't throw in the trash without even reading and you might actually get a job!

Read the fml, it didn't say that the resume was long.

It's very impressive for a 16-year-old to have been flipping burgers at McDonald's for 10 years after graduating college summa cum laude with a degree in English. For a 32-year-old, it's pathetic.

I thought for sure this comment would get some kind of response. It is one of my personal favorites.

i did it earlier, up there lol but i todes agree what a fking loooooooooserrrrrrrrr to be a 32 year old and have the aptitude to work at a damn movie theatre DOWNS DOWNS DOWNS DOWNS... etc. etc.

syndacit 0

Whoa talk about ultimate back stab.

....how old are you? might explain why your cousin got a job and you didn't. At least you have the satisfaction in knowing that he'll get fired once his employer finds out. :-)

Jcataquiz 0

I submitted this FML, and if anyone else is wondering, i wasn't making this up and I'm only 18 years old. haha

Call his supervisor and say he lied on his resume. In most places, that'll get him fired pretty instantly.