By Anonymous - 16/01/2014 01:57 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, it was my first day at my new school. I've never been the new girl before, so I asked my best friend for advice. She said, "Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances, be yourself." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 180
You deserved it 5 491

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Indianboy9321 25

In my experience, my best friend(s) are usually the ones that can joke slightly harshly with me without anyone taking offense, so I wouldn't take it to heart. Just be a nice, genuine person and you will have friends in no time!

A little advice from someone who went to a few different high schools. Always be who you are, everyone knows when you're putting on an act.

Comments

Dont take it offensively. Sometimes It takes time for others to accept who you are and you don't wanna create a bad impression initially. She probably loves you for who you are and is looking out for you :)

Take this advice serious because your best friend might see something you cannot see.

It'd be nice to know what I'm not seeing about me, though.

She's your friend so she's just gonna joke around. I'm sure she didn't mean it. Just strut on in there and say "I'm here, I'm me so if you don't like it you can shove it."

Wizardo 33

1. Smile 2. Join a club that you're interested in 3. Profit in an abundance of friends

DasHaas 9

Try to be an awesome person to be around. You'll generally attract people who are the same.

colton_colton 49

Sounds like a great "best friend"

ZY1431 24
perdix 29

Sounds like she wants you to have fun with this rare opportunity. Have people call you by your middle name, pretend to be from a Mafia family and/or claim to have some paranormal abilities. Re-invent yourself!

xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

**** you have some good comments dude. Just putting that out there

Ive got to say. My senior year of highschool we had a transfer, he reinvented himself claimed he was an Aussie. Six months later he finally told everyone tge truth, oddly enough we all thought it was the greatest thing ever

perdix 29

#23, thanks. I often go to jobs pretending to be an experienced engineer, but within a few months they find out I was just using their network to be on FML all day and I have to find a new job! The pretending is fun, though, saying things like viscous, tribology, entropy, strain, Nusselt number, kilo pascals, rate of penetration, core dump, etc. It'd be cool if I knew what any of that meant ;)

Always be who you are. If you're fake, and begin to make friends, you'll have to continue being fake to keep them.