By ferret702 - 05/02/2016 12:04 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, in the current company I'm employed by, I have a better chance at gambling my way to the top, as opposed to working my way up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 144
You deserved it 1 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd better start learning how to count cards.

Or you could take the third option and sleep your way to the top.

Comments

isnobodyhere 32

That sucks, the job world is never fair

Railroader 16

That's more or less any company you work for these days

Goblin182 26

Welcome to the real world. Glad you finally made it.

Sometimes, you gotta play the hand you're dealt.

Remember, it's not what you know but who you blow that gets you places.

at least your promotions don't rely on whether or not people are dying. ?

I got all kinds of promotions from the mass shooting at my old job. I got a couple years worth of promotions in about 2 months. Sucks a bunch of good people died and a bunch of bad people lived but the world keeps turning and the jobs need to get done.

This went pretty dark quickly. One man's death is another man's bread

I think 18 was trying to say that there are a lot of jobs where the turnover rate is next to none and in order to get a promotion you basically have to wait for someone to die. It was basically this way for my brother. He was working at FedEx as a part time driver and was waiting for months for a full time position to pop up. But the people that work there often work there for life and there's next to no turnover rate for those positions. He waited months for a position that never came so he ended up having to quit and find another job.

moocowmilk0 19