By ekm86 - 26/11/2012 16:52 - United States - Portland

Today, in a state of extreme boredom, I decided to dress my 6-month-old son in girl's clothes. As he sat in my lap in a frilly dress, and as I was placing a very pink and lacy bow on his head, my mother-in-law unexpectedly walked in. She now thinks I'm mentally unstable and should be in therapy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 273
You deserved it 41 395

ekm86 tells us more.

ekm86 3

OP here. For those that question why I had girl baby clothes it is because I have clothes from when I was a baby. They are too big for him but I was bored. And for those that think that babies are entertaining 24/7 then you are obviously not a parent. I am home alone with my child for 7 hours a day and I don't really know very many people or go too many places. My mother-in-law doesn't believe in knocking so she has a habit of just walking in. Also, I intended for this to be a one time silly event between just my child and I perhaps with me telling my husband later. I had no intentions of taking pictures to share on FB or any other social media site. (In fact, my child isn't pictured anywhere online.) Also, if my son "turns out gay" I won't really care because a few of my family members are homosexual. Lastly, I could've let my baby play with his toys but he vastly prefers me entertaining him over his toys.

Top comments

Yarrachel 16

Explain to her how that stuff is all socially constructed anyway. Pink used to be considered a boy's color!

obviousboy 8

How are you bored with your own 6 month old baby?

Comments

Psycho_Babydoll 26

How the hell would someone "turn out gay" because they were dressed in girl clothes for a few minutes as a 6-month-old baby? That's NOT how life works, people.

LokiLaufeyson 2

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. She played dress up with her kid. Sure, it may have made more sense to play peek-a-boo or something, but come on. She's not a heartless mother who doesn't deserve to have a child.

lilicoco_fml 5

Oh everyone shut the **** up. It's CLOTHES. Mother of God, you people act like she dipped her child in sulfuric acid. Shut the hell up, I'm sure HALF of you or more were put in some type of opposite gender clothing as a kid.

tbooty2140 4

You sound mentally unstable...

Ignore the judgmental assholes for calling you a terrible parent. I dressed like a boy growing up, now I'm a very girly girl in a happy relationship that just happens to be straight. He's a baby. You dressed him up for fun, and he won't turn gay or even remember the damn thing. Your mother in law is the one who needs therapy, and probably parenting lessons.

Evilpirate 10

She's right. WTF is wrong with you?? You're a sick pervert who should be beaten

I really hope that was sarcasm otherwise, WTF is wrong with you? Calling someone you have never met a 'sick pervert' for dressing their child up? It's not like she was beating him or abusing him. Are the people who dress up their pets also sick perverts who should be beaten? I see no difference.