By Rocky209 - 15/05/2015 19:33 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I woke up to the sound of my little sister knocking on my door. Today's my birthday, so I thought she'd surprise me with something. Instead, she just asked me, "How's it feel to be a year older and still alone?" I just turned 20. The truth hurts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 311
You deserved it 3 026

Rocky209 tells us more.

Im not really into relationships, but a hang out buddy would be nice.

Top comments

triplebeerox 27

You're only 20! You have a lifetime ahead of you. Finish school, travel, meet people! A relationship won't magically make you a happier person. Have fun while you can :-)

It's ok OP, there's someone out there for you I'm sure :3

Comments

saffy66 34

20 is the best time to be alone. I got engaged on my 20th birthday then broke up with him less than a year later. The next year or so till I met husband #1 was the most fun time ever, going out and having a good time with friends as part of a group. Don't worry about being alone at 20. And happy birthday!

Thank you kindly! I'm really sorry you had to go through that and hopefully doesnt happen again :( im not really looking for love, just a friend to hang with. Thank you again!

Don't worry OP! Your still young! There's plenty of time for you to get in a relationship. In the mean time, party & have fun! :)

RusticChick 27

You still have PLENTY of time. My mom didn't meet her soulmate until she was 43! And that was after she was married for 15 years. Don't be so hard on yourself, bud. And Happy Birthday too! :)

Oh don't worry about that. You have plenty of time to find that special someone. You can do this!

Happy Birthday, buddy. 20 is not so old, I am sure soon you'll find your special one! :)

You're 20. It's not like you're 50 and alone. Go join some clubs, pick up a social hobby and/or play an amateur league sport. Those are all great ways to meet people and make friends. You'll only be alone if you make a choice to be alone.

How's your sister doing with still being a bitch? OP, you may want to be dating someone, but don't let anyone tell you that's how your happiness should be defined.

Hey 20 and alone is way better than 16 and pregnant!

That just made my day xD youre the best!

You're not even at the peak of your youth yet.