By Dr_Awesome654 - 31/05/2016 06:55 - United States - Blue Springs

Today, I looked in my voicemails on my phone. I recently got a message saying that I got the job, which was very exciting because it's my first job. Too bad it was sent 2 weeks ago and I just got it because I upgraded my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 650
You deserved it 2 127

Dr_Awesome654 tells us more.

Hey, op! In case you were wondering, I didn't get the job. I called after I realized I missed the opportunity and they said no jobs were open. Now for you curious people, the job was as a cashier at McDonalds, (yes they hire) and I don't know how much I would have gotten payed, I was just ecstatic to have a job, plus it would have been before my college student brother ever got one. But I can still beat him to get a drivers license ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top comments

Hopefully you can call too see if the spot is still open.

Shadowvoid 33

So did you still get the job?

Comments

Shadowvoid 33

So did you still get the job?

Wouldn't hurt to call them back for an inquiry. That's how I got the job I have now.

Probably not since their username is JoblessLoser.

His username is "Jobless Loser." I'm gonna go on a whim and say he didn't get it.

gabechriswill 19

Hopefully they haven't filled the position yet and you can call them back explaining what happened. Otherwise keep applying! you'll find another one.

Hopefully you can call too see if the spot is still open.

Did you make a holocaust joke to get it?

SpartyOnWayne 18

Hopefully you didn't brag about your punctuality skills in the interview

That sucks OP, I hope you still get the job if the position isn't taken.

Unfortunately, I am not certain you can tender Two Weeks Notice without being employed there. ;-)

How did you not get a missed call? Or follow up once you'd not heard anything?

Exactly. Whenever I get job interviews I will call them and see if they made a decision yet. Calling them shows you're interested. Still sucks for OP, though. Hopefully they'll understand.

Iwannarock1 19

This is typical gen Y not talking responsibility for themselves. Always someone, or something else, to blame.

Give them a call explaining everything, if the position is already taken don't worry you'll find another one.

If they truly were interested in you, OP, I would call back and explain the situation. There's a small chance the spot is still open. It never hurts to try!