By DommeAshlee - 21/03/2013 18:42 - South Africa - Kwandengezi

Today, I woke up to my cat giving birth, on my bed. I adopted her from a friend, who told me she was spayed. Now I have a giant mess and a cat who won't let me move either her or her babies. Guess I'm sleeping on the couch for a while. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 090
You deserved it 4 475

DommeAshlee tells us more.

This is OP. Mama and babies are safely tucked away in the guest bedroom. The mom put up one hell of a fight and i have the scratches to prove it. All six kittens are doing fine. Spoke to my friend, she admitted to lying about spaying the cat. I told her she could pay the vet bills and buy me a new mattress.

Top comments

Well that sounds fair for what she did. Enjoy the adorable kitten stage while it lasts!

Aww kittens! Take a bunch of pictures of them in teacups and shit and become famous on the Internet! Remember OP, the teacup is half FULL. Of kittehs.

Comments

qchabs4lifeqc 7

You definitely cracked under the pressure of having the first comment, better luck next time

Don't worry OP, you will be rewarded for your kindness!

Yes you will! With lots and lots of *******!

This gives "Pussy-whipped" a whole new meaning.

Your pussy not only made you into a pussy but had more of them in the process

Lionesse 15

Oh no. Here come all the cat puns. Give me a moment. I have to paws and think of one.

Aww kittens! Take a bunch of pictures of them in teacups and shit and become famous on the Internet! Remember OP, the teacup is half FULL. Of kittehs.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
BlueFlatts 20

How does one have an empty cup and a full cup at the same time? It appears that a cat's caught your tongue.

titibug823 11

set up a pen for them, grab the cat by the scruff of her neck and put her in, then put her babies in... and get new sheets..

Grabbing the mother by the neck may not work and I believe it can hurt them when they're older. It'll work great for the kittens because they instanly freeze, they look like little zombies. When my friends cat had kittens she turned aggresive if you attempted to pick her up by her neck. Since OP's cat is already stressed and overprotective it might be a bad idea.

^This. Leave MamaCat alone for a few days, let her settle in, THEN make her a cozynice space and gently move her. Don't touch the scruff of an adult cat. Also, feed her more, high-protein food. Nursing Mama needs extra nutrition.

My adult cats react perfectly fine to scruffing, but I do agree with waiting for the Mom cat to settle in. If your cat is heavy, you just have to support their bottom. Both of mine still freeze in place when I scruff them. One is 3 years old, and the other is 1.5. OP might also wait until the Mom cat leaves to go to the litter box, or to eat, close the door, and then move the kittens to a little cozy box with bedding that is close by. It's sad that OP didn't have much time to bond with the Mom cat before she had her litter. The cat might be more trusting.

Quiet_one 22

Adult cats can be scruffed, but you can hurt them if you pick them up by the scruff without providing support somewhere else. Scruffing is really useful for picking up an especially uncooperative cat without getting bitten and clawed to death, you just need to scoop your other hand under the cat's back end so the entire body weight isn't hanging on the scruff.

I would totally trade kittens for a couple of nights on the couch. Consider yourself lucky, OP.

At least you have some pussy in your bed!

Your icon makes your comment much more amusing

Old unused 13

Okay, get ready for the cat puns!

#46 please dont shout. I wrote that a whole day before you. Your comment is #45, mine is #13.

#89 okok i'm sorry :( but i did't see it, so that means were both smart.