By knee pain - 09/12/2013 19:17 - United States

Today, I woke up in my hospital bed after having knee surgery, on the wrong knee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 73 083
You deserved it 4 033

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One of the few times I would actually suggest suing. I have heard stories of people drawing arrows and notes on themselves to ensure the surgeons work on the correct limb.

AngelLovesDerby 10

OMG! I would kill!!!! So sorry to hear OP!!

Comments

I would sue. At the very least the need to pay the bills for the wrong surgery and do the correct surgery with no cost to you. They messed up and need to correct it and pay for it.

perdix 29

That's the kind of medical care you don't... *Lowers sunglasses* kneed.

Sue them. My in law had his prostate removed when he didn't need to have it done, and he got money for it.

In the US, it's a violation of Joint Commission standards to not verify the correct site, mark the correct site, and stop immediately prior to surgery to verify that you have the right limb. You should definitely press charges.

Well time to get a lawyer. Never thought I would write these words, but they just ****** up a perfectly good knee.

perdix 29

Fucken Obamacare! I know this has nothing to do with the Affordable Care Act, but I think my comment might make the headline on FOX News tonight.