This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By JustPerfect1997 - 14/12/2016 21:01 - United Kingdom - Burnley

Today, I went to work. I not only didn't use the bathroom between the hours of 8am and 7pm, but I had no chance to sit down or eat. I had a review with my boss and she told me my workload was actually three people's worth of work, and I suck at it, but she couldn't afford to pay anyone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 484
You deserved it 33

Top comments

No shit you suck at it you aren't three people FYL

I feel like you should contact your Department of Labour about this.

Comments

No shit you suck at it you aren't three people FYL

I feel like you should contact your Department of Labour about this.

I agree. I know in the US you aren't allowed to work that long without at least 2 ten minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. I would assume the UK has comparable labor laws.

It wouldn't hurt to quietly start looking for a new job since your boss has no intention of fixing the problem. The bright side is at least she admitted that your workload is ridiculous. Where I live, bosses routinely give you the work of 3 people to save money, then blame you for not meeting unrealistic expectations.

OP here. I am quietly looking for another job. And I am allowed breaks, but if you start a job, you also have to finish it before taking a break, and when I'm doing 3 people's work, you get job after job after job. I can get fired for turning down a job by going for my break, so I have to keep going and hope no one comes along just as I'm finishing a job. It sucks. The only trouble is, in the town I live in, there's not that many jobs going where you don't have to have a very specific qualification... so it's gonna suck more trying to find a job.