By anonymous001 - 08/01/2013 19:58 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to the movies with my crush, who had asked me out on a date. Assuming he'd pay, I left my money at home. When the time came to buy the tickets, he only bought one for himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 920
You deserved it 68 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Contrary to popular belief it's ignorant to be so confident in this "rule" that you don't bring your own money, I believe it was totally deserved in this case. This doesn't mean I don't believe the guy should pay though so don't get confused.

Comments

That's a bit greedy of you. Just cause usually they do, doesn't mean they HAVE too.

Sorry but I think this one is more "f your date's life'! Can you imagine the first impression you've given them of you now, I wouldn't be surprised if you never heard off them again. Sounds a bit too like the old 'oooh, I've forgotten my wallet' trick.

That was an irresponsible move, even if it was guaranteed that he would pay for you. It's always wise to have a bit of money with you, in case you need to get a cab or something.

caitiebug1119 15

While it's kind of rude for the guy to not pay on the first date, it's also just as rude for the girl to assume he'll pay for both of them. Always, always, ask. Always bring money just in case.

Satoaoi 13

time to find a crush who isn't a jerk

it's being a jerk to no provide for someone you don't even know you will like enough ? Welcome to 2012!

nikkinurse 10

Even if you had assumed he would pay I always bring at least money for a cab- what if they are a total asshole...

You should always bring enough to cover you... If you fail to remember or purposely forget it then you should let your date know that you forgot it and if they offer to cover you that's great if not then it makes for a long night...

Cheeky cow. Pay your own way instead of making assumptions. He might not even have enough money to pay for everything for both of you. Or he might not hold with that rule - I know I don't. It's nice to be paid for sometimes but I'd never even dream of taking it for granted like that. ******* first world problems... jesus.

Never hurts to keep some extra cash on you

It's nice to see it's not just me who isn't stuck in the 1950s.