By jeffswife - 09/10/2009 07:51 - United States

Today, I went to the mall to pick up the 1 carat diamond my husband recently purchased for me after 6 years of being together. My mom called, I answered my cell. Later, I realized that the baggie with the diamond was no longer in my pocket. It fell out when I answered my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 172
You deserved it 32 846

jeffswife tells us more.

Lol! Despite all the mean comments, I thought I would clarify a few things. #1 I am completely aware that I deserved it. #2 The whole reason I had the diamond in a baggie in my pocket was that I had JUST picked it up from the store. We were not buying their solitaire mounting, because I already had another setting picked out at a different store. #3 My mom was babysitting my son, and had taken him on an hour long drive, so I was waiting at the mall for her to come back, she would call me when she got home. I went across the way to the Apple Store, and I was only there for about half an hour when she called me, and I took out my phone. #4 I don't own a handbag! I'm not a girly girl and I hate purses. The good news: I filed a police report to get the footage from the Apple Store. They caught the person who didn't turn it in. =P KARRRMA. They had already sold it, but my insurance is replacing it. Also, anyone who thinks this is something to get divorced over...you are ridiculous. =] My husband and I are very much in love, and we have a beautiful baby boy together. These are petty little things. Money comes and goes, and it is not worth fighting over.

Top comments

girlygirl666 0

It was in a baggie?? WTF kind of jewelry store puts a diamond in a baggie? Whatever.. YDI for being so careless.

You kept a 1 carat diamond in a baggie in your pocket along with your cell phone? Are you always this stupid, or only when you're transporting precious gemstones?

Comments

I love the part where the person was caught for not returning the diamond. Things could have ended much worse, so I'm glad the diamond fell out in a store with lots of cameras and not elsewhere!

I hope you realize that he's not getting you another diamond.

YDI Why would you put a diamond in your pocket? I would be a nervous mess and protect it with my life.

smr1234 9

stupid why didnt u put it on? if you Love him you would have worn it. just saying

If you read her comment, it was just the diamond, not the mount. It didn't say anywhere in that post that it was a ring or anything

On behalf of all the idiots that roam around freely on the internet, Im sorry. It sucks losing stuff, no matter if its a diamond or a shirt. :) Next time you carry something small and valuble, dont put it in the same pocket as your phone. I have made the same mistake. Not with a diamond but still. :)