By BarBacked - 15/04/2013 07:31 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor to inquire about the nasty rash on my arms. He concluded that I'm allergic to beer and the rash will go away if I stay away from it. I'm a bartender. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 587
You deserved it 4 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stevenJB 25

Wear long sleeves? Maybe you can ask for another position in the place you work? I'm sure your boss will understand. c:

Allergic to beer? No. You can be allergic to something in beer, but not beer itself. That's like saying you're allergic to tuna salad.

Comments

Holy shit, what's the point of living if You can't drink beer? Who cares about the job, but not being able to drink beer, damn... FYL

Who cares about their job? I would think anyone who wants to put food on the table.

What's the point of living if you can't drink beer? Seriously? Guess I should go kill myself as I'm allergic not only to beer, but to all alcohol, and clearly my life can hold no meaning if I can't go get drunk.

#16, I don't think that anything in your comment is "right". Everybody cares about having a job (anybody with common sense, anyway), and I don't drink alchohol by choice. I haven't stooped to ending my life yet.

GetPuckedUp 3

try wearing long sleeves, or pour carefully.

Pstraka6 20

Hey, check what kind of beer! My friend was allergic as well but found out it was only with certain ales due to the spices and hops they added in them!

captainObviously 15

I think he means consuming beer. U should be fine if u take a beer shower.

I have a wheat allergy too, just don't drink beer and you'll be fine

I'm not allergic to anyway! :) Oh, sorry. I thought you were listing our allergies?

That was also meant to be *anything. I need to proof read!

Don't spill, its bad form for a bartender anyway. Might be time for a career change.

Ever thought that maybe it's OP's very drunk customers that are spilling things? He probably gets covered in beer from either getting it spilled on him, or cleaning it up.

senor_awesome 14

FYL for being allergic to beer.

Well you're up shit creek then aren't ya.. On the other hand, how didn't you notice this before becoming a bartender?

etoilenuit 15

People develop sensitivities to things because they always work around them. An allergy that wouldn't have developed if they hadn't been exposed to such things as often.

Fair enough. I didn't realise that. I thought you had be born with it :/