By toothache - 14/05/2013 12:03 - United States - Morton Grove

Today, I went to the dentist to get a tooth filled. The nurse just finished taking my info when the doctor came in and started drilling. Through my chorus of screams he realized he'd forgotten to numb me. His only response was, "Guess I forgot to numb ya, huh?" while giggling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 376
You deserved it 4 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

You should have kicked him in the crotch to see if he had numb nuts, or just was one.

Some people just shouldn't be in a medical field. Loons.

Comments

PiNkMoOn 9

omg,there's nothing worth that tooth pain!

PiNkMoOn 9

my sister has that ear broblem sometimes she is like 'dying of pain' ,but i never tryed it,so to me the worst is tooth pain

CharresBarkrey 15

Trust me, ear pain is worse.

PiNkMoOn 9

then ,i'm glad i only tried tooth pain!

My mouth just started hurting so bad.

Why would you need to get numbed for that? lol

InvisibleMonster_fml 16

I see a lawsuit in your dentist's near future.

You spelled do wrong... or sue wrong. Either way revenge.

He could have meant the dentist was due for an appointment, possibly? So it could have been spelt perfectly fine for his purposes.

Getting a filling without being numb isn't that painful? I personally find the numbing process more painful. I've had several fillings done without a numbing, without screaming, and I've been diagnosed with a very low tolerance to pain. Sorry that your tolerance is just that bad OP.

FlowerMama 20

Teeth are a whole different type of pain for some people. Tolerance levels can vary greatly throughout the body. For instance, I gave birth without any pain drugs whatsoever, but if anyone gets within a foot of my teeth with a drill, I am the world's biggest baby. I have teeth that are sensitive to such an extreme that I have had to be double-numbed before - and I *still* felt some of what they were doing.

Let me get this straight... you listened to him start up the drill and the suction and you opened your mouth for him and it never crossed your mind that he didn't use anesthetic? YDI for being a fool.

I think I would not really question my dentist - you assume they know what they are doing. And it is possible the drill looked similar to the injection you would get to numb them?

#65 He started the drill. Don't you think that might be a big clue that he was about to... drill? Unless OP is deaf, he will recognize that the drill is getting louder as it gets closer. I question everyone when it's warranted. I don't care if a piece of paper or even lots of experience suggests that they're probably correct because they're still human at the end of the day and humans make mistakes. Busy dental offices usually have multiple people running the show. The dentist isn't always the one who does the x-rays, anesthetizes you, etc. It would be pretty easy for the dentist to assume that you've been in there long enough to have been anesthetized. Remember the Mars mission that burned in Mars's atmosphere because someone, somewhere used Imperial units rather than metric? That guy was almost certainly a pretty bright guy who made a really dumb mistake and nobody bothered to check his work or question it, probably because he was bright and had a lot of experience. Failing to notice a tiny detail destroyed millions of dollars and years worth of work. Question everything.

Good answer :P I like that.. maybe it should be a motto.. "question everything" and then... "why?" :P

Sci-Fi channel already has that motto. :P

Is your dentist Orin Scrivello, by any chance?