By Anonymous - 23/01/2017 22:00

Today, I went to Sunday school for the first time. The priest assured us we could ask him anything, so I did. When class ended the priest pulled me and my mom aside and asked her to stop bringing me to Sunday school until "she learns not to question the bible and accept what she is told". FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 976
You deserved it 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The problem with religion in a nutshell. At least with science it's acknowledged that information could be proven wrong at a later date instead of saying "the is the answer for now and forever, and if you question it you are a bad person."

Comments

That priest is terrible. That's not how you have a real personal faith. I hope you can find a better church.

If you're looking for neutral theological answers, check out a Unitarian congregation. It's not a religion, but a place you can go and learn about all sorts of religions or spiritualities. People there identify with all sorts of backgrounds. Good for the inquisitive type. ;)

To OP: don't take the easy way out. Just because one priest told you to accept things as he delivers, that's no reason for you to abandon your quest for truth. We live in the world of free knowledge. Do research, find out the answers to your question. If there is even the slightest possibility that there is a God, don't you think it's worth finding out ? Truth conquers it all. Look for your answers and look into other religions too to gain knowledge and perspective. You never know what you will find. I wish you best of luck.

ATHIEST1903 1

and this is why im athiest christians are all ****** hypocrits. shouldve told em to take his bible n shove it up his ass

Just as a bit of constructive criticism, it's not wise to just assume everyone is like someone else. I've met atheists that believe in a flat earth. Does this mean all believe that? No. I'm not saying you're stupid for being somewhat distantly connected to an idiot. I would advise you to do the same.

And people wonder why there are more and more atheists and agnostics in the world.

Yeah, free sundays for you for the rest of your life! :) Never stop questioning! This is one of the best advices in life. Doesn't matter how old you become/what experiences you lived through...never stop questioning! You'll lead a more complex life this way.

writergirl1029 17

There's lots of religions that encourage questions. Do your research and find one that suits you.

What the heck? Yeah like others are saying that crap doesn't happen at my church. However, while my faith is number 1 in my life, my husband and I still aren't sure if we will be having our son go to Sunday school. He's only 1 so we have a bit of time. We go to an Episcopal church that is wonderful. I don't want anything presented as fact. I want my son to decide on faith and religion for himself. If I was the parent in that scenario I would tell the priest off and say I hope my child never blindly accepts what he is taught, regardless of who is doing the teaching (me included!)