By blinded - 11/02/2011 16:14 - United States

Today, I went to get a facial. I forgot my contact case so I put them into paper cup. My beautician thought it was leftover water from someone else, and threw my only pair of vision aid away. I scuttled home half blind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 181
You deserved it 26 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

aw man that sucks. I'm a guy so I don't really know but did you have to take out your contacts to get a facial ?

rockyraccoon28 8

it's okay, I'm a girl and I don't know why either. it doesn't seem like contacts would get in the way any more than your eyes would get in the way.

Unless putting tea bags or cucumber or whatever one your eyes does something to your eyeball which i doubt... Maybe it is just more comfortable

Buchitoo 4

I don't understand either. I wear contacts and I've had facials done before and I never had to take my contacts off.

InnocentLies 0

Mhm always carry glasses in your purse/car. FYL, you couldn't have really seen that coming.

is beatican the hip new word for pimp?

kaceemae 7

why did you take them out for a facial? I've never taken mine out for one.

If you need to take out your contacts for a facial, I think you got the wrong kind of facial. Did you get some in your eyes?

That sucks... I hate it when people throw stuff tar could be someone's away. If the cup was on the ground, that'd be one thing, but it was near you on the counter.

ulicksam 0

You're lucky. Most women get blinded during a facial because of something IN their eye.

tinalina123 0

So you keep contact solution with you, but not your case? Because if you put your contacts in plain water, I figure they'd be ruined as it is.

gusgus36 5

29- no, contacts are fine in just water for a short period of time. I've had to do that a couple times... but not without telling anyone it wasn't just water lol

actually, leaving them in water, even just barely rinsing them in water can cause you to get a parasite- an amoeba that can eat through your eye and leave you blind. just do some research on acanthamoeba. that's why you're told to keep contacts completely clean using only contact solutions, changing them regularly, not swimming in them and never using tap-water on them.