By smpenn89 - 16/07/2014 14:26 - United States - Canton

Today, I went to fill out my time sheet. Someone had edited it, and now it suddenly ends August 22nd. I think I'm getting fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 986
You deserved it 3 854

smpenn89 tells us more.

OP Here! As of last week, my time sheet( a simple excel sheet) listed all the dates through the end of the year. Now it does not. Yes, I understand that it is still over a month away, but since my current project is a procedure list of everything I do, how I do it, and passwords of everything, I am guessing they need me to finish this first. I am not confrontational, and understand I need to speak to my bosses, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. I went looking on craigslist for job postings-found one Identical to the job I currently hold...and since I was hired through craigslist...yeah that about sums it up. Actively looking for a new job- if they cant be professional enough to fire me the right way, they don't deserve to have me anyway.

Top comments

Speak to your boss. There should definitely be an error.

why not apply for the same job through the ad, but this time ask for double pay because you're very experienced with this job :)

Comments

Doing something would inquire a complaint to the boss over the matter of how they told OP this plus firing her without notice. I'm sure there's something illegal in the way that they did this, at least in the laws of my country.

jack_jill05 14

Talk to someone at work about it, maybe it was a mistake, or youre getting a new system thats starts August 23rd

CanyonRose 16

It could've been an error or a prank, if they're firing you that's some pretty shitty notice. Talk to your boss

That sucks op but it happens to the best of us. I'm sure you'll find a job soon.

an3ph 20

Far to much time, should be 22nd July, sorry for the typo.

Steve95401 49

How long are the pay periods at your work? Don't you normally have a separate timesheet that corresponds to each paycheck whether you get paid weekly, bi-weekly, etc...?

Rosebudx 32

One time my boss laid off about 40% of the staff at my college job by just not giving us any hours. Our names were still on the schedule and they still claimed us as employees to the school, but we were essentially unemployed (not to mention no one else on campus could hire us because we were still employed). It sucks.