By faentalivetmitt - 29/07/2009 14:24 - Norway

Today, I went to buy lunch at a grocery store. The total was 3 pounds, and my card got rejected for insufficient funds. I fished about for change, and found I only had 2 pounds. A homeless man behind me in the queue then offered to give me the remaining pound. A homeless man paid my lunch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 772
You deserved it 16 464

faentalivetmitt tells us more.

Hi everyone, I'm the one who posted this. First of all. Of course I thanked him! and of course I could have gotten a cheaper lunch, I was going to in fact, but he offered, and insisted, so I accepted, and was very thankful. All of you who keep saying I'm a heartless bitch should have considered that I was commenting on the irony of it and that I was embarassed, instead of saying how my life sucked because someone was nice to me. I thought it was a funny story. I got the impression that many of the stories on this site are funny rather than tragic. I could of course have written he gave it to me and i was super thankful etc etc, but I thought that was kind of implied. Oh and about the currency. My lunch was 31 kroner. But as I currently live and study in the UK, i'm used to thinking in pounds and thought that would be easier for the majority of FML readers. But apparently that makes me a fake, sorry guys! And I do in fact give money to charity and homeless people. Not long ago I gave one man my last 8 pounds (this was in the UK), so he could buy a decent meal, figuring I would be OK until I got home 5 hours later. So those of you who got the irony and embarassement, thanks!

Top comments

efmivida 0

that was terribly sweet of him

samhat 0

Just Because he's homeless doesn't mean hes dirt poor.

Comments

good_life35 0

damn, that's judgmental. maybe you should use that to ******* humble yourself.

"OH MY GODDDDD A STRANGER WAS NICE ENOUGH TO GIVE ME MONEY FOR LUNCH MY LIFE IS SO HARRRDDDDD." I don't even know of a word bad enough to express the complete hatred I feel for the stupid, ungrateful, spoiled MISTAKE of a animal you are. You are not even human - you are an animal. The lowest animal of all.

You better pay that poor guy back you asshole!

likeOMGwow 0

oh wow. someone helped you pay for your lunch?? man your life is F***ed.

1. even if this hapened be happy you got luch how is your life f***ed someone lent me money now im gonna go bitch about someone being generous now what a b***ch 2. this is fake norway uses the Kroner dumb bitch not the f***ing poud 3., how the **** do you know he was homless did he f***ing say im a f***ing hobo heres a spare pound thats usless because were in f***king norway and we use the kroner 4. even if she is a f***ing exchange student it only takes about a day to pick up on the name of the currency your using ive been to europe after the first hour or two there i said euro insted of dollar its not a hard f***ing concept dumba$$ 5. IN MOTHERF***ING SUMMARY THIS LAME FML THAT ISENT EVEN AN FML IS A F***ING FAKE

xkaitlinwhitex 0

i would have given him my lunch for that.

This should be on GivesMeHope not Fmylife

mandapanda93 0

this is realy messed up you should be GRATEFULL, he could have used it for himself but wanted to help someone else and just because he has nowhere to live your ashamed to get help from him. thats frustrating, people shouldnt be so judgemental.

dandymidori 0

Hmmm, I can see how you were embarrassed, but you should appreciate the fact that someone else decided to help you. You would've been more embarrassed if the cashier had told you that you don't have enough and that you'd have to give up some food, right? Though he was homeless, that man was REALLY NICE to you!

EveryDayJackAss 0

take this shit to bmylife.com.....no one wants good things to happen here =_=