By Anonymous - 17/05/2013 20:10 - United States

Today, I went to a local Indian takeaway, since I'm from India originally, and none of my friends speak Hindi. I went up to the counter and placed my order in Hindi with the seemingly Indian owner. He gave me a weird look and said, "Huh? Speak English, ya rimjob." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 101
You deserved it 13 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

Assuming, gets you everytime.

I guess he's Naan-Native of your Mother Land.

Comments

monkiki62 5

Well he probably decided to live here permanently and gave up his old language. But you shouldn't do that because its important to remember where your from.

Why would you not assume he knows at least how to understand English? You're in the United States, I'd be really worried if someone who ran a business didn't speak English.

Plenty of people in LA that run businesses don't speak a word of english...

there are 1500+ languages in india, with 22 being official state languages. in NYC for example most the of the indian restaurants are owned and staffed by bengalis, who very well may not speak hindi.

Maybe you should speak English when you're in America.

No affense, but this is 'murica after all. (PS is it spelled affense or offense?)

silentxninja 13

You should never assume that someone speaks a certain language, despite what nationality they may appear to be, or your location. The same thing could happen in a Chinese, Italian, or Mexican restaurant. Just because the waiters, waitresses, owners, etc. all work in those cultural restaurants, it doesn't mean they all speak languages from those countries or are from them... Besides, most restaurants based off foods from other cultures, in America, at least, is probably the American version of those types of foods.

I would have asked first if he spoke Hindi.