By anon - 24/03/2012 03:51 - United States - Addison

Today, I went to a concert with my new boyfriend. I had a panic attack halfway through and an ambulance picked me up. My boyfriend met my parents for the first time drunk, in the emergency room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 911
You deserved it 5 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

toenibbler 14

At least he came to the hospital with you.

Comments

McNerdyNerd 8

I'm thinking the same thing..what's with all the panic attacks? It's just a concert...I don't want to be mean, but I never understood. If something is too much for me, I don't go to begin with. If someone wants to explain HOW they just randomly get panicked, thanks lol...otherwise, ydi. You know your limits.

i am going to have to agree with you on this. i feel very bad for your panic attack, OP. However, most people who have panic attacks have some sort of idea what will bring them on. maybe you were trying to overcome your attacks and get back out in the world, good for you. you should have asked your bf to stay sober just in case. ydi. the fml could have been that your bf stayed at the concert while you were in the hospital.

I've got a panic disorder and because of that sometimes you just get panicked for no good reason. Most of the time there is a reason though, but it can be really silly - for instance, I've got agoraphobia with my panic disorder so spending not much time at all in a room that's large and open can trigger a pretty bad panic attack for me.

MsMeiriona 2

Right now I only do things that won't aggravate my anxiety. This means leaving the house once a month to see my therapist, and reading old texts on folklore all day. Not a normal life. Some people push their limits. Good for them. Wish I had the guts to do that.

Mommyof2_91 10

I never got panic attacks until my second pregnancy, and I wouldn't even be the slightest bit worried about anything, ever since then they haven't completely gone away.. I wish I knew why , doctors never really gave me a reason..

Qwermy 16

could be a disorder, but I know that certain drugs (MDMA, weed, LSD) commonly found at various genres of concerts can cause serious panic attacks. considering that the boyfriend was drunk, I suspect OP may have been high (likely not on LSD though), and while sober when her parents arrived, could have been triggered by that into panic

Why was he drunk ? If you'd been drinking then that accounts for the panic attack. Don't be dumb !

zebralover23 14

Thats a nice way to introduce yourself

Bet he made an awesome 1st impression!!!

Why waste an ambulance and the ED on a stupid panic attack? Your the reason the wait times are 6 hrs!

j3ebrules 13

Hey don't judge if she just learned for the first time that time it was panic. It's the great mimicker of more serious conditions, and you're so terrified you really truly believe you are dying. Been there, done that.

Mommyof2_91 10

Some panic attacks can be severe... It messes with the heart a lot, it's better to be safe than sorry, and the most common reason for a long wait on an ambulance would be because it's bringing a patient out of town to a different hospital

It wasn't his fault he had to meet your parents under those circumstances... Just sayin.

At least he went to the ER with you...

kaeleydanielle 0

scary but true, same thing happened to me...