By anonymous - 24/10/2010 16:14 - United States

Today, I went on a movie date with a guy. He brought his mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 633
You deserved it 4 075

Same thing different taste

Comments

mahimalil 0
larrysangel 0

Ugh. Mommy issues. Don't walk, RUN AWAY!

ifailplzinsultme 0
ifailplzinsultme 0

how was that modded? I just said 12 year old couples are cute?

Same story if he's under 20... What's your point?

chillinAK 9

Um, I took my 13 year old and his girlfriend to the movies and stayed there. JayLee, is that you??? Just playing. I think OP's age is a major deciding factor, because I have taken my 13 year old and his girlfriend out because they aren't going without supervision.

ur age said 28 so u had ur son when u were 15?? *****

Hgielad_720 0

I think they were probably old enough to go without supervision, since it's an FML.

chillinAK 9

I don't know, I heard a lot of complaints from her about me being there. I didn't breathe down their necks, but I was around to hear. But, I didn't really look at it from that point of view. Although, judging by a lot of posts made on here and comments that follow, the age limit on FML isn't exactly on a mature level, so it could be a younger lady complaining.

Instead of accompanying your son on his dates (and because 13 is too young to date anyway), may I suggest that you require that all outings including the girl he likes be with a group (4 or more) friends rather than one-on-one? That way, you wouldn't necessarily need to tag along every time.

chillinAK 9

They are groups - but I still won't let them be without adult supervision. Most of the families of my kids' group of friends agree, so we take turns on the supervision factor. Personally, I agree with 13 being to young to date - but try telling that to my husband. Eh, go figure.

Hgielad_720 0

Well, that's a good point. If OP is 13 or 14 though, I think it's reasonable that her date's mom went too, just as long as she didn't sit right next to them.

lol at your 13 year old having a 'girlfriend'. too young to have a gf. poor parenting

chillinAK 9

So, I can confidentaly call poor parenting on your parents part for your horrid grammar? No, I can not because it is your choice to do so. There is no way I can stop my son from calling his girl friends his girlfriends. What, ground him until he is old enough to say that? Please tell me what age it is appropriate for him to call them that so that I can take your advice. By all means, I am willing to listen. Should I also tell him that no, he can't go to his social on Wednesday? I mean, it is a dance that his school is throwing - but I take it he is to young for that also.

i feel extreamly bad for your kid im 13 and i would be embarest to take my mom on a date im sorry but your kids growing up and they should be able to go to a movie date by them selves but not like leave them home alone over night with there girlfriends thats a diffrent story but its time to give your kid a bit more freedom

on one hand I think it's bad that ur parent go's and I would be really embarrassed (can't believe that other kid misspelled that) but on the other hand my last gf was 13 and we did alot more than her parents would have wanted haha so if I was a parent I'd just have em wait to date till maybe around 14 or 15 cause if they really want to they can get around their parents anyway

82 you say that now, simply because you are 13 and want that freedom. she happens to be a parent so she understands the problem with one on one dating as a child. you may think you're mature enough for dating but that's most likely not true and even if you are, that doesn't mean your "date" is. my son will not be allowed to have one on one dates as early as 13 years of age. his father and I haven't decided the appropriate time yet because we don't know how his personality will be in the future but 13 is still too young. if your parents let you go out on a date without parental supervision then I would call that poor parenting.

92 I don't know your age or location but I know that Nowhere in the US is a 13 year old able to have consentual sexual relations because they are considered a child and don't know how take make adult decisions with proper reasoning. I really hope that girl didn't do something she will regret and I feel sorry for her parents to not be able to trust their own daughter.

I'm fifteen and no we didnt have sex, just oral, still her dad would probably have ripped my head off haha

ya but if a guy brings there mom on a date that means hes a pussy simple as that

How old are you? I went on my first date when I was 15 (we saw one of the new Star Wars movies) and my date brought his dad. Not totally uncommon if you're that young, I think...

aadk 0

I guess needs really do get you hot haha

aadk 0

Oops, nerds not needs. Stupid auto correct haha