By Anonymous - 12/03/2015 03:19 - United States - Watertown

Today, I went on a date with a guy I met online. It was going OK, until he started asking me if he should stick with the site until he finds the right person. I guess I know how he feels about me, at least. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 650
You deserved it 2 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well now you know that he isn't your right person either. Don't give up hope OP :)

Better to find out now then after putting a lot of effort into it first. Good luck OP you will be fine.

Comments

Daily_Screwer 11

I would have left at that moment. Why would you stay on a date with someone who acts like that?

That's pretty passive-aggressive of him. What a coward.

Aw. Don't give up hope, hun. You'll find the right one

Epickitty58 29

Should've said "I don't know. That's what I've been doing. It's been taking a while, and based on your comments this evening, it will take even longer."

I'm pretty sure he was asking if he should get off the dating site.

i found the man of my dreams on Skout!! we just celebrated our 1 year Anniversary yesterday, and he proposed last night! my absolute soulmate found ME when i had just about given up! never lose hope or give up OP!! the best is worth the wait!! ?

Sounds like your date was telling you "not interested" in a very passive aggressive way. He should have been more upfront about it. But hey, at least you can move on now and try to find Mr. Right.

Don't take it to heart OP it was only the first date and too soon for him to decide whether you are right for each other or not. He probably is just keeping his options opened till he's had a few dates rather that just deleting his profile after the first person he goes on a date with.