By cbarebo - 11/10/2009 17:21 - United States

Today, I went in my room to play my guitar. I found my Les Paul on the floor with all the strings missing. I later found out my grandma cut them off because I was playing "Devil's Music." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 760
You deserved it 3 697

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wowwww. tell her that she owes u the money for it now xD

mycleverusername 0

I don't think Grandma's familiar with the Golden Rule. I say you steal her knitting needles. That'll show her.

Comments

If it was on the floor, who knows what else is damaged? Strings are cheap. Pickups, not necessarily. And for the record, I quit playing guitar for years in college because I couldn't afford to restring it. Just because it's inexpensive doesn't mean its affordable for all.

cutting off all the strings is bad for the neck. I'd be more worried abou that than the money

burn the bitch, and tell her shes a heretic. its not about the money its about the principle which is, shes a bitch

steal her medicine!! thatll teach grandma

Oh god, I would've killed her. I have a Les Paul as well.. and even though it's not my favourite of my guitars, I still love it. At least you can replace the strings. (Y)

My childhood friend's mother was like this. She became a Jehovah's Witness when my friend was about eight, and did shit like this all through her teen years. Forced meetings, music posters ripped off walls and thrown in the trash, broken cassettes, lectures, arguments, the whole works. They never had one conversation that didn't end in screaming. *sigh*

Geez. So many people commenting with things like, "Stop whining, changing the strings isn't hard, waaah you crybaby." OP's grandma was a jerk for no reason. She damaged something that belonged to him--maybe not severely, but still. If I went up to your car and purposely--but lightly--scratched it, you'd be mad. It doesn't cost much to repair a minor scratch, but you'd still be mad at me for doing it. Same situation.

birds_fml 7

I wouldn't be mad if you scratched my car because I wouldn't be able to tell your scratch from all the others and the dings and rust LOL But still, this sucks. Steal some money out of her purse to pay for any damage done. Old people don't trust credit cards and debit cards and usually carry around a lot of cash. Then go buy a locked case or something.

Haha, good point. Maybe the car example wasn't the best one.

Microsoftfan 0

That is true. I hate how hypocrisy is at its finest right now.

Gavik 0

This is why we need health care reform and death panels.