By Anonymous - 31/01/2013 21:29 - United States - Beloit

Today, I went for a checkup after having recently been fitted with dental implants. The oral surgeon I chose was supposedly the best in the area, but it turns out that he inserted the implants at the wrong angle. Now I have to have further surgery to correct it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 574
You deserved it 2 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ImWhiteBoy_WhoRU 10
laughtersplay 14

I hope you don't have to pay for that extra surgery. Sorry you went through crappy service OP.

Comments

ImWhiteBoy_WhoRU 10

I had surgery today to remove a melanoma from my face! Am feeling pretty yucky... I feel for you OP having to go thru that all again.

oj101 33

And the dentist did a teethible job.

HowAreYouToday 34

Denture know when its enough teeth puns?

I need to brush up on my knowledge of when to stop.

The puns should fluoride along with the comment. Don't try tooth hard to make them, cuze then they just suck.

FFML_314 11

Look at all the crap you can't do now. -.- I would be pissed. I'm sorry, OP

Xxblackice 13
Laurenluvz 11

How is that relevant to anything?

Maybe it's time to drive a bit further for a truly good dentist? ._.

TheRandomIndian 17

Since when do distance and proficiency have any correlation?

31- The best oral surgeon in an area isn't supposed to make this big a mistake on multiple teeth.

Great surgeons have operated on the wrong side of the body many times before. It's pretty sad how much it happens

Then again, best doesn't necessarily mean good. Could mean that the oral surgeon sucks but no one in the area is better than him.

Following 60's train of thought, if that's the best dentist in the area and supposing that he's bad, I wonder how bad the other ones are...

It could also be that he's the only dentist in the area, thus still the best.

laughtersplay 14

I hope you don't have to pay for that extra surgery. Sorry you went through crappy service OP.

CharresBarkrey 15

Yeah, a good oral surgeon will pay for any future treatment since they caused it. At least the ones I've worked for have.

I wonder if you can sue them if they don't pay for their mistake

CharresBarkrey 15

35 - It really depends on the mistake. Most lawyers won't touch a suit like that, though, as there's usually not a lot of money involved and the patient usually loses.

Well, that's a kick in the teeth. Did you get a refund? Or at least free future dental work?

laya_fml 26

I don't know if I would want more dental work from this dentist regardless of if it were free.

I hope that your insurance covers the further surgery. You could also take the matter to court.I wish you the best of luck on your recovery.

perdix 29

Maybe the standards are low. The average oral surgeon in your area would have inserted them in your forehead. At least, this guy got them in your mouth on the first try!

That's what I thought. If he's the best then the others must prescribe braces for dentures.

FFML_314 11

Perdix, you always know exactly what to say! ;)

Mister_Triangle 21

OP probably found him through an ad on the Internet: "meet local surgeons in your area tonight!"

I hate law suits, but if he didn't fix the problem may I suggest one?