By singleasapringle - 13/03/2016 06:41 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I went back to my high school for an event with some of my friends, both of which are in relationships. Whilst there we saw our favorite teacher, who hugged us and said, "I heard you have a boyfriend! And so do you!" And then she turned to me and said, "And... And you're doing great things!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 938
You deserved it 1 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KayleeFrye 39

I hate how so many people seem to think that having a relationship is the most important thing. Yes, it is nice to have a romantic partner. But just because someone doesn't have one doesn't make them some kind of loser!

nonsensical 26

Don't take it to heart! So many people are single! Nothing wrong with it, I'm sure your old teacher felt super awkward after she realized she had nothing to say right off the bat about you

Comments

Am I the only one who find it kinda creepy the teacher seems focused on former students romantic lives?

Nope, you are definitely not the only one. I find it pretty creepy as well.

One teacher from my high school is friends with a bunch of former students on Facebook. It's really weird. He needs to stop.

I don't really see it as a bad thing to be friends with former students, teachers can really be a strong presence in some students lives. If the teacher is caring and takes time to help their students, isn't it natural to want to stay in contact? Kids need an adult that cares and helps push them, not everyone has that in their home life. Plus, sometimes teachers can be really cool.

I've never met a single Pringle in my life. Those tasty bastards are always huddled together at the bottom of the tube where I can't get them without making a mess by tipping it over.

neuronerd 28

I'd prefer people to be more excited about what I do than if I happen to be dating someone. You got the real compliment, OP.

Measuring someone's sucess as an adult by wether they're in a relationship or not is something from past centuries, it makes no sense nowadays.

I am single and i disapprove such sarcasm!

Tatush_ 13

I don't know about you guys but I enjoy being single..

If the best thing they have going for them right now is their boyfriends then I feel bad for them.

Where is the FML in this? It's okay to be single and doing great things! :D