By rapunzel3416 - 30/08/2013 09:23 - United States - Colton

Today, I was yelled at once again for being in the school gym without a coach present. I am the coach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 071
You deserved it 3 084

rapunzel3416 tells us more.

Yay I'm the OP I'm happy this got posted. I'm 22 and coach girls volleyball. A volunteer basketball coach didn't recognize me and thought I was a student. This happens when we go to away games too. The coaches of the other teams will tell me to leave until my coach is here and even some high school students think I'm on the team. I think it's pretty funny and am glad I still look young.

Top comments

Still look young ? You're 22 of course you still look young

Just blow your whistle; it's like a badge of authenticity.

Comments

My advice, wear a whistle on you like a previous commenter suggested. Or any type of item that might signify you are a coach.

Those who can, do. Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, coach. So what do those who can't coach do?

they become the ones who sit in their mom's basement and play video games all day, maybe?

This is probably the most ridiculous quote, and I've heard it several times. Teachers are so underrated, but they are the ones who make the "doers" possible, and there are some people who live to teach. Respect them, because you'd be nothing without them.

perdix 29

#14, answer: Guidance Counselor.

perdix 29

#20, you are right. It's funny that those who can do can't teach what they do. They assume that just because they can do something that they can teach it. Since they can't teach it, those who came to learn to do can't do because they guy who could do couldn't teach. Right?

Relax, Welshite. I meant no disrespect to teachers in any way. It was simply the means to a joke.

RedPillSucks 31

Those who can't coach write stupid comments like these and prob. live with their parents

they become the ones at the state level making decisions about education when they have no idea how an actual school or classroom operates

Welcome to the world of the young looking, it may suck now but when we are 50 looking 30 life will be great.

My daughter is 28 and gets carded all the time. I'm 57 and people think I'm in my mid 40s. Good genes run in the family-it can be a pain when you're young, but not so bad when you get older.

Quit your nagging you pansy and drop down and give me 20!!! 1...2....3...4.. Lets go Oprah bring it!!

My guess is that you are younger than many teachers or you look youthful. Maybe introduce yourself to the fellow teachers?? That sucks to be yelled at. I would feel down about it and a little pissy being accused of doing something wrong when you had the right to be there.

Next time you get your jacket printed on the back, make sure they spell "coach" instead of "couch".

It sucks looking young, doesn't it. Try being confused for a middle school student when you're really 20 years old -_-

SeedlessMe 13

Haha yup- I've been there. I used to do school photography & one of the middle schools I was working at kept asking me for a hall pass. Hah!

gavagoul 10

I would wear something that symbols your authority next time. Maybe like, a shirt with your name or like someone else said, coach. In my school usually the coaches are one of the teachers. So it's weird that the other teacher didn't recognize you.

HeadlessSparrow 20

Make them run laps around the gym. You're the coach!