By LissaMccracken - 19/07/2014 01:04 - United States - Bentonville

Today, I was using a public restroom. After about a minute of me being in there, a little girl came in and started pounding on the door, screaming that she had to go. My pregnancy hormones are so bad that I almost burst into tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 425
You deserved it 17 405

LissaMccracken tells us more.

Wow! I must really deserve this! Haha well to clear this up, this restroom was one that had more than one stall. There were plenty of other toilets, she was just upset that the one she wanted was taken. But thanks to all the people saying really nice things!!! It means a lot!

Top comments

At least it was only tears and you didn't transform into a hormone fuelled devil that wanted to drop kick her.

That stinks, I'm sorry to hear that. Nor sure why there are more YDI votes on this one :/

Comments

Why are people saying she deserved it?! So confused.

For those that said YDI, **** you. That's all.

I would have let that little brat suffer and stayed in there.

I'm not pregnant and I absolutely HATE being bothered when I'm in the bathroom. It's like your privacy is being invaded at the time when you least want it invaded. I don't blame OP for being upset.

Seriously. First come, first serve when it comes to public bathrooms! Either find another toilet or wait it out!

Aero_x 21

I don't see why this FML is getting YDI'd. I hope you feel better OP ♡ Pregnancy is no joke!

Wow! I must really deserve this! Haha well to clear this up, this restroom was one that had more than one stall. There were plenty of other toilets, she was just upset that the one she wanted was taken. But thanks to all the people saying really nice things!!! It means a lot!

I hope you stayed in the stall till she went to a different one.

That's even more messed up that she refused to go to a different stall! What a brat!

Yikes, what a little brat! Obviously not that desperate to go either. Congratulations! :) I'm with all the other comments here that don't understand all the YDI votes. The only thing I can think, is they think you should have given up the stall, as a child needs it more? Though you were probably part way through, and of course I gather pregnancy presses on your bladder.

Aww I'm sorry this has happened to you and don't worry about the little girl she's just a spoiled child

I too am confused as to why you deserved it HOWEVER I get anxiety in bathrooms and always choose the stall at the end, if I don't have it I fall into a panic attack. Maybe the kid could have handled it different but she could have good reason for wanting that specific stall. Just some food for thought.

I can see your reasoning, #92, but if that kid had social anxiety or similar, she would have never been able to kick at the door and scream at OP like that.

I'm confused about all the YDIs myself! The only way I could see this being OP's fault is if she'd used a handicapped bathroom/stall and the little girl was disabled and needed it (let's also assume, for the sake of this argument, that OP has a complication-free pregnancy that hasn't left her in need of that very same accommodation). Doesn't sound like that was at all the case, though, and that kid was yet more proof in FML form that children are the absolute worst and are embodiments of pure evil! Uh...I mean...congratulations on the baby, OP!

Didn't mean to put the YDI, but you know with this damn site you can't change it.

I don't have social anxiety, I have OCD. I'm just saying 93, there could be other reasons than just being a "brat."

#113... No. There could be a reason she wanted that specific stall, but that doesn't change how she reacted. That was what was shitty. So you're telling me if someone had the stall you wanted you would start kicking the door and screaming at the person inside, instead of waiting?

I think another possibility as to why people voted YDI is that some people don't understand pregnancy hormones and think you overreacted, or something along those lines.

I clicked YDI because I missed the pregnancy hormones part. I thought you were crying cause you were afraid of a little kid. You definitely did not deserve it

#113and if a handicapped person need the end stall aka the handicapped stall what then man?

Why would she scream and pound on the door if there was another stall?

And where was this kid's mother? Obviously not with her, doing her job as a parent. That had to suck, OP. I'm so sorry you had to endure a bratty kid who couldn't use a different stall. Congrats on the pregnancy though! I'm sure you'll be a better parent. :)

Sometimes kids are great...sometimes they do stuff like that!! Congratulations on the pregnancy tough, OP! As long as your kid does't do stuff like that to others, you should be fine. :)