By GrinningCynic - 14/05/2012 17:55 - United States - Englewood

Today, I was told I need two root canals. This is because my previous dentist did such a bad job on one of my teeth that the decay went through and transferred to its neighbor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 423
You deserved it 2 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taytaylal 11

This is why I hate dentists. Exspensive and some can't do their job.

I know, I misread the fml. I even buried myself for such a stupid comment.

Comments

Shit like this happens all the time! You will never get one dentist to say your problem was caused by another ones incompetence.

Op, you clearly have no idea of what you're talking about. You're just another ignorant anti-dentite who probably neglects oral hygiene.

And you're just an idiot assuming stuff about a person you don't know.

No, I'm far more knowledgable about teeth than you and the OP. Accept responsibility for your neglect, and stop blaming the dentist. The dentist did not cause your cavities. People like to hate on dentists instead of taking personal responsibility.

You don't know the OP. I don't know you, but you don't know what the Op knows he could actually be a dentist. ( which I doubt ) But sadly we don't know.

It's not only hygiene; there are also the factors of genetics. I brush twice a day, floss, and use listerine. But I have more cavities (and maybe counting) than a friend of mine who only brushes her teeth like once a day. I also don't eat sugary foods mainly because I feel sick after eating them and she loves desserts. Tl;dr It may or may not be the dentist's fault. Insulting the OP without knowing them is not right. (Insulting in general is not right)

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

What the **** are we paying our dentists shitloads of money for if it's not their responsibility if they botch a procedure?

Tooth decay simply doesn't work that way.

This hits home because the same thing is happening to me. My dentist doesn't even KNOW what my last one did, he had to recover my old files just to figure out what they were trying to do. I wish you luck, OP. Hopefully this dentist is better!

Op needs an awesome doctor to help... THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR-- DOCBASTARD!!! ...... damn it, Doc, that was your cue. Get your ass in this thread!

FireFlie07 20

Sorry for the double root canal OP. Might want to get a second opinion before you do that though. And if you have dental insurance, check the ratings and credentials of the dentists first. Save some pain.

Have you been flossing? Did you get the tooth capped after the root canal? If not, it's not uncommon for decay to spread. It's also fairly common to have adjacent cavities since people tend to neglect areas where teeth are close together. It is *your* responsibility to take care of your teeth. Stop blaming the dentist and blame the person who made the root canal necessary in the first place.

I floss twice a day as well as brush twice a day. I have the same problem right now and it is my previous dentists fault. When they did my fillings she left gaps all in it, causing underneath (Where she didn't go down far enough) to continue to decay and spread. I have to have multiple teeth pulled and all of my fillings have to be redone, which is going to be really hard. It's because they weren't done properly, not because we didn't take care of our teeth. Some things happen in life, in this case I got stuck with a crappy dentist and so did OP. :

The same thing happened to me! It happens! There are bad dentists out there just like there are bad doctors, carpenters etc..

Oh, I can never get reply right! Ignore this!

It's not ur dentists fault, your probably brushing and flossing incorrectly

I'm not saying there aren't bad dentists in the world. I just think it's rather silly to not accept some of the responsibility; it's not the dentist's fault that a filling or root canal was needed in the first place. Fillings can loosen over time. It's quite easy for decay to occur in the original cavity.

65- That's true. Of course it's my fault I had the cavities in the first place, I was a stupid kid that didn't see harm in skipping a day of brushing. But it wasn't over time at all. When I first got them done I didn't even feel pain in my teeth. I got the fillings and THEN my teeth ached non-stop. I couldn't eat anything sweet or even hard for that matter, it would be agonizing pain. I went back and explained to her and asked her to check and see what was wrong, she assured me I was fine. TWO TIMES I went back over the course of a month. Three or four months later I got my new dentist and he couldn't even figure out what she had done to my teeth. He showed me an X-ray of the gaps, how my cavities had gotten worse and where she only drilled the top and filled it in. After my first visit with the botch dentist I took steps in taking care of my teeth much better, flossing and brushing twice a day and making sure I did a good job. I was the one at fault for having the cavities, it's not my fault she shouldn't be doing dental work if that's how she does her job.

Would you believe that very thing happened to me? The dentist botched my root canal, I ended up having to get another one, lost one tooth & had to get a permanent bridge! That debacle cost me over $10,000! FML

soldiat_fml 17

When I was a 13 I had a bike accident where I ended up needing two root canals. The dentist wore down the enamel for two of my neighboring teeth, so ten years later I'm now needing two more root canals. FML

jwh2012 0

I have that problem and it is spreading.

other121 2

Now this all could have been avoided if we just listened to mom and dad and brushed twice a day. You deserve what you got.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

If everyone took perfect care of their teeth, there would be no dentists. It's their job to make sure the problem is taken care of the first time around, especially for how much they're getting paid.

Wow, you are all idiots! Maybe try flossing once a day. Don't blame someone else for your self neglect! Dentists are not responsible for your teeth decaying to the nerve, that's what you get for not flossing!

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Yes they are, jackass. For example, the first root canal I had was done very poorly. The dentist had hands growing out of her ass and didn't pull the entire nerve before she filled the tooth. Despite my reports of pain for weeks to follow, she told me I shouldn't be feeling anything. Later, when the pain was too great, I went to another dentist who told me pretty much the same thing that happened to OP. Only he said I'd need 3 root canals. My fault originally for not taking care of my teeth, but I think I had already paid enough for my mistake. Long story short, it is the responsibility of a dentist to do their ******* job.

How the **** do u know that the whole nerve was takin out or not? Are you a dentist? Didn't think so. And dentists do do their jobs, it's the patients fault for re-accruing issues. Stop blaming dentists for your ignorance!

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Are you absolutely serious? I know because the second dentist I went to took an x-ray of my teeth and informed me of the issue. You clearly can't read for shit, since I explained it quite thoroughly. In addition, a few of my teeth are crooked and prone to tooth decay, especially when a crappy dentist does a half-assed job. Since I don't have a fuckton of money laying around, and I'm an adult and not a youth with softer developing teeth, I can't get braces to fix this problem. Regardless of how often I brush or floss, shit still happens. Please READ next time, for ****'s sake.