By Anonymous - 30/09/2014 23:42 - United States - Richmond

Spicy
Today, I was taking a table's order. After I finished, the guy told me, "Just FYI, I'm not a tipper." Trying to lighten up the situation, I replied, "It's amazing how many people forget I handle their food." He complained to the manager that I'd threatened him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 688
You deserved it 10 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you got the chance to spit in it anyway.

And that's when you charge his bill extra

Comments

I would definitely be freaked out by that comment... sometimes waiters forget who actually made the decision to come to the restaurant and help pay for the jobs. YDI

The guy wasn't going to tip so how is he helping pay for the jobs? He's stealing service.

Besides all the things I would do to his food, I would bring his bill to the table with the food and he'd never see me again. Need a refill? **** you. Dessert? I guess you didn't notice what I did to your entree.

skittyskatbrat 19

Don't mess with the food, but yeah. He paid for food and a drink, he got them, end of story. He wants anything extra, like a refill or a check-back to see if it's okay, then he can pay for it...or wait until that magical time that the waitstaff isn't busy taking care of other tables and doing side work and has time to waste to bring extra stuff. And if he can find that magical time, he ought to start collecting unicorns, too.

"You're not a tipper? I am not a server. Good luck getting that order."

I had a table tell me that before the meal once. I said 'that's ok' and gave them great service anyway. Ended up with a 40% tip.

PoisonOrchid 21

I've had the same experience. You always catch more with honey than with vinegar.

This whole thing with the tips has gotten WAY out of hand. A tip should always be something extra for those ones who really go the extra mile. These days people will view you as filth if you don't give everyone an expensave tip. Everyone shoul just get paid normally, and none of this shit has to happen.

That would be nice IF everyone did get paid normally. Tips are a servers wages so I can see why they would be pissed if they didn't get tipped. It's pretty much working without pay

Regardless, thar guy deserves to have his food spit in or messed with. If you're not going to tip, don't eat out. Servers are tired of getting robbed. How would you like if you went to work everyday and your boss just decided not to pay you?

The customers are not their boss, their boss is their boss, the boss should be paying them

skittyskatbrat 19

#191, SHOULD be doesn't mean the boss IS. Restaurants found out a way to make the customers pay and get rid of an expense that they should have handled. So they did. If I ever found a restaurant where tips really were "extra" and a "reward" and the servers got a decent base wage, I'd be there every time I wanted to eat out!

The same way customers SHOULD be paying tips but that's not necessarily the reality, is it? If customers want to rebel against the practice of having customers pay the staff, then that's their right, and when the staff get angry for not being paid they should NOT turn that anger at the customers, they should turn their anger towards their employers. And none of you should be defending the employers, or raging about customers who don't pay, it's your obligation to realize who is at fault, and it is definitely not the customer.

To be fair, that probably sounded like a threat, even if you think you're saying it in a joking tone.

People like that make me hate working in customer service

If you earn more than $90/month in tips, your employer can pay you a minimum wage of $2.13/hour. If your earned tips do not make up the difference of the federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour, your employee is required to make up the difference themselves. So it doesn't matter if you tip or not, the server is gonna get paid. However, tips can end up being very lucrative if the server is good and gets good tippers!