By dl_zook - 12/01/2010 17:52 - United States

Today, I was pumping gas and decided to go in for a drink. I discovered that when it's cold, sometimes the gas doesn't stop pumping automatically and starts spewing out onto the sidewalk. I had to pay for $53 of spilled gas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 899
You deserved it 33 640

dl_zook tells us more.

jfyi, $17 of it went into my tank. i know it was stupid to leave it unattended, i made the post so other morons, like myself, could maybe not do something so stupid. I am fully aware you are not supposed to leave a pump unattended, something i have known for the past 10 years, regardless of the fact that the gas station i was at did not have a single sign stating the obvious(i went back and checked) i was in the gas station maybe 3 minutes at most and i was prepared and willing to pay any clean up fees needed, however the 'specialized' materials this particular attendant used was kitty litter, which she took off of the shelf and opened before going outside. the only reason i feel this would remotely qualify as a FML vs YDI is that i was stupid enough to think a drink was worth leaving my car alone at the time, so really more of a FML for being an idiot type of thing.

Top comments

Congratulations OP, now you understand why it is dangerous and illegal to do that.

If you go inside, would it also be easier for people to steal your gas?

Comments

skeleton_skinner 0
nonnymouse 0

YDI for leaving the pump unattended.

Maybe I just don't pay enough attention when I pump gas, but I live in Missouri and I've never seen signs saying to not leave the pump unattended. I do this same thing all the time and it's always shut off perfectly fine, why would OP think that it wouldn't?

kc1993 0

really? do you not see the "don't leave pump unattended" signs or have the common sense to wait til after your finished pumping gas to get your drink?

turdontoast 8

YDI for walking away from the pump. $53 in spilled gas? With all the things the gas station attendant has to go through to clean that shit up to 2 hours just because you wanted a damn soda

madonnalife 0

a lady did this at a gas station i was at a few weeks ago. i was downstream of the spillage and it soaked into my jeans and shoes. later when i went back to my dorm, i got a knock at my door. it was campus security asking if i was a terrorist making bombs. the smell was so strong, it had permeated throughout the entire dorm.

Dumb assssss NEVER leave a running gas pump unattended!!! How stupid are you????

Dr_Pepper_fml 3

wtf? Where I grew up it was rare that a pump DID stop automatically!