By julie24 - 30/05/2014 02:30 - France

Today, I was partying with friends. At around midnight, I sent a text message to my friend to reassure her, saying that of course I could handle my drink. That's the last thing I can remember about the evening. It's a total blank from that point onwards. FML
I agree, your life sucks 245
You deserved it 390

Top comments

so, maybe you couldn't handle your liquor. it happens.

Well I'd say that as long as you didn't wake up in a trashed room with a tiger in the bathroom and missing one of your friends you should be fine. I'd try to be aware of your limitations next time though.

Comments

I never understood the need for alcohol. The most fun people I've ever known don't drink, and people that I know who do drink can be absolute ***** when they do.

I am a real light weight. One drink and I'm straight into the happy tipsy stage, which is why I don't have more than one unless escapism is the intention.

8313girl 28

@13: So what you do with the people who don't drink?

13: It usually stems from a misperception that people who drink are more fun to be around. Alcohol typically lowers inhibitions and causes people to enjoy things more easily than they otherwise would. This causes their brains to develop a connection between "being around drunk people" and "having more fun while being drunk", which it then translates into "drunk people being more fun". Now, this doesn't mean that drunk people can't be more enjoyable to be around than those who don't drink, there are lots of people who open up due to alcohol. It just means that many people's assumption that alcohol makes things more fun is simply because they drank too much.

Learn to lower your inhibitions without alcohol, then you can have fun with no booze required.

@58: Whatever we feel like. People are just fun. There's never been the need for any type of 'substance' (alcohol or otherwise) to have a good time.

I'm sure people will have pictures, videos and text messages to fill you in. ;)

Don't worry about it, OP. I'm sure the photos will surface and explain everything.

Know your limits, know your drinks. Any person that goes out drinking should have at least basic understanding of how much alcohol they can handle... But yet again some of those fruity drinks can be tricky (that's why I just stick with bourbon or beer).

That's why it's best to drink at home first. You'll learn your limits and at least be a bit safer when you reach them.

RedPillSucks 31

I agree, unfortunately, parents aren't always down with that. So make sure that you're not alone at some party. That you have good friends who are willing to watch out for you and not ditch you because they want to go off with some dude or chick.

Even at home it's better to have someone to watch over you. You might get a "brilliant" idea and try to do something or go out...

you missed the watch your drink part. OP probably didn't.

One bourbon, one scotch, & one beer.

it isn't always like you're saying here. I had a little blackout a few weeks ago, drinking as much as usually, just on a completely empty stomach. (afaik i wasn't behaxing as a drunk brat or anything, i just don't remember an hour/two!) It happens to the best OP!

Hoping you weren't slipped something OP! Total blackouts out of the blue sounds like someone put something into your drink.

Are you sure nobody slipped you anything? Or you sure it was just from drinks. Least you seem to be ok.

Hopefully you still hung on to that liquor, I'll have what you're havin'!

martin8337 35

Blackout, I really had a blackout.