By luvonsarah - 14/08/2012 17:27 - United States - Beaverton

Today, I was out drinking with some friends in a Safeway parking lot, when I saw a familiar-looking vehicle pull up beside us. It was my dad, who angrily got out and demanded that I come home. I'm twenty-four, and now the laughing stock of my social circle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 545
You deserved it 24 971

luvonsarah tells us more.

luvonsarah 8

Hey there! I am the OP. A few things I'd like to address: I was only visiting my parents. I do have my own place. I stayed out a little later than I thought I would and they got worried. The bar (in which we were drinking) is in the same parking lot as Safeway. We stepped out to grab some vitamin water and smoke a cigarette.

Top comments

Number one: Why were you drinking in a Safeway parking lot?!? Number two: At least he cares about you...?

Time to move out! Think of all the positives, no grounding, no midnight bumps in the night (if you know what I mean) and most importantly no interruptions during happy time. Get a place OP, it will July get better.

Comments

You're 24 and were drinking in a Safeway parking lot? I wouldn't think it could get more sad then that. Then your dad shows up.......

i was thinking the same thing. 24, apparently living at home, and drinking in safeway parking lots for fun. What happened in the FML is these of Op's life worries :P

choff47436 4

Op should get the belt for drinking in a Safeway parking lot. Move out and you can drink anytime you want, but them you will have to pay the bills.

perdix 29

You're the laughingstock amongst a bunch of twenty-something ass-clowns who drink in a Safeway parking lot? I have the feeling crack ****** will turn up their noses at you;)

You're 24 living at home and drinking in a parking lot, ydi.

Um you're 24, still living at home and drinking in a Safeway parking lot..I'd say you have way more to be embarrassed about than dad showing up.

hateifyouwant 3

I wouldn't be too worried about my status in a group whose idea of an epic evening includes drinking in the safeway parking lot.

The first sentence alone had me thinking, "Yep, this kid's all kinds of classy." Then I hit YDI, read the rest of the FML, and felt totally vindicated in my "shoot first, ask questions later" policy.

CCDNRGD81411 3

Really a safeway parking lot? Thats the best place your friends could pick to stsy for awhile and drink?

olpally 32

Yeah... You're also the laughing stock of the FML community... Lol :D

I honestly don't see what's wrong with being 24 and living at home consider this economic crisis. I find it smart if op is still at home (if that is the case... it doesn't state though). However, while I agree that op should be following their parents' rules while under their roof, the parents also need to give their kids more freedom to do what they want as a 24yr old should. Although I will say op, YDI, not for living under your dad's house, but for drinking in a parking lot. Seriously, you're legal, do that shit inside a house/bar/club. In my eyes, your dad was protecting you from getting any alcohol fines for drinking in public like that.