By ArtistBlock - 25/11/2016 05:10

Today, I was in charge of Thanksgiving dinner. I dressed and stuffed the turkey, popped it in the oven and sent a mass text out to my family about how amazing it would be. Everyone arrived, we began making plates of food when I checked the turkey, and realized I never even turned on the oven. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 453
You deserved it 6 184

Same thing different taste

Company time

By IStillHaveMy8hrShiftToGo - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Beaverton

Today, I came in to work early at a restaurant to help out. I stocked, baked pies for the next day, cleaned and set over 50 tables, and vacuumed the entire two stories. When I went to send an order for the first customer of mine, I realized I hadn't even clocked on. Four and half hours of work wasted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 749
You deserved it 10 913

Top comments

You didn't check the turkey or notice you couldn't smell it cooking?

More time to bond with family! Four more hours of it or so..

Comments

ncparry 18

It takes HOURS to cook a turkey, you didn't check on it even once?

It takes hours to cook a Turkey. Seeing that you didn't check on it better it of never cooked then be black as coal.

She posted a follow-up in reply to someone else's comment. I guess she'd asked her husband to check it because she was busy, and he lied about doing so. So it's his fault more than hers.

kitsuneluvuh 12

You should have noticed when you put the turkey in, because you're supposed to preheat the oven first. And then let it cook for a few hours... How long did you have it sitting in the unheated oven before you went to check on it? Also, you shouldn't cook a turkey with stuffing inside it, because if you cook it till the turkey's done, the stuffing inside is still going to be salmonella soup, and if you cook it until the stuffing is safe, the turkey's gonna be overcooked and dry.

Because it was a 14lb turkey I put it into the oven before preheating it so I could slide it onto the racks without burning myself, since I'm also a bit of a klutz. By "stuffed" I mean an herb bundle along with a tin of stock to keep it juicy on the inside. I'd been asking my husband to check on it for me since I still had a lot of other dishes to make and prepare and he told me it had been going fine. Turns out he's a bit lazy and a good liar.

Okay. FYL because your well-intentioned family meal got loused up; YDI for NOT checking your oven.

No one actually likes the turkey anyway. You're fine!

Wow, that's a pretty bad mess up, well at least I bet you got to talk to the family or go out to eat on Thanksgiving OP!

dguzman92 12

how did you not smell it cooking? or check to add more flavor?

I expected it to be burned to hell and back.

you never checked? you didn't notice you couldn't smell it cooking? ate you not too bright?

so you never checked once you put it in the oven? no basting? you didnt think it odd that you didn't smell it cooking? ydi