By Anonymous - 27/03/2016 21:05 - United States - Saint Louis

Today, I was hiding Easter eggs around the house when my 7-year-old triplets woke up from their nap and saw me. They quickly realized that I am the Easter Bunny, and then they guessed that I am Santa. Now I have 3 crying second graders. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 186
You deserved it 4 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Couldn't you have gone with the 'the Easter bunny was so busy today he asked me for the help ' line?

Comments

An I the only one here wondering why 7 year olds take naps??

I'm 18 and I still take naps. Taking naps feels amazing after a long day.

Oh I agree I'm all for naps! Just a bit unusually for 7year olds to be put down for naps

Iris_River 15

There's nothing unusual about it.

Denise1988 13

The people down voting you must not be parents. My 7 year old hasn't napped in years. If he was, I'd be checking with his pediatrician. "By age 2, most toddlers have given up their morning nap but still need an afternoon nap to see them through the day. About a quarter of kids stop napping altogether by the age of 3, another half between ages of 3 and 4, with the final quarter continuing to nap until they're 5 or 6."

I'm only wondering because my son stopped his naps at 2.5years old. Holy cow I'd love for him to nap again. but all three 7 year old's down for a nap? I can see it maybe if they were running for hours on end in the morning. But i'm also wondering, they woke from a nap not from sleeping overnight? I thought kids woke up from overnight to find the eggs. I don't know your situation either (Split parents, you got the afternoon; Stayed with Grandparents and did egg hunt when you got home)

Maybe it wasn't actually a "nap." My mom used to make my siblings have a quiet time for a minimum of an hour until they were about 10. That allowed her to do what she needed to do in relative quiet while the baby was sleeping and the others were playing quietly. It also fostered independent and creative play. It could also be that op knew they would be having a long day and was trying to head off 3 tantrums by making sure they were well rested for the festivities.

nope. I was wondering the same thing!

Maybe the just have a scheduled nap time. When I was that age my grandmother would always make me and my brother take a nap when we stayed over.

Probably sick kids over Easter weekend mine was

My son is 9 and sometimes after a long day he takes a nap. He doesn't purposely do it. He ends up just falling asleep sitting on the couch. After school and his homework he falls asleep sometimes. It depends on the kid. If my son is tired he doesn't care what he's doing, who is there, anything. If he's tired he's going to sleep.

Here's how to explain to your kids that you're not the Easter bunny: "Here's $5 now go buy something" (jk jk) ok here's for real: "The Easter bunny and Santa have to go around the world in one day. Did you know they can talk to people through dreams? Yeah, the Easter bunny was running out of time because he had to help clear up winter so they told me in my dream that their were eggs by the front door and I had to scatter them!" Good luck OP!

You deserve it for lying to your children

Don't ever have children please, you won't give them much of a childhood :)

Imagination is key in children, giving them fantasy and fiction when young helps them grow into well rounded adults who then use there imagination for work and other tasks. Bringing them up with imagination and fantasy makes for Some hella boring adults.

are you 100% honest at all time? All people lie about something at one time or another to spare their children's feelings or innocence? It's part of being a parent.

I still don't understand the need to do the Santa Claus/Easter bunny thing. Especially since Christmas and more so Easter are important Christian holidays.

You don't need lies to foster imagination. I had plenty of fun pretending my bed was actually the back of a mighty dragon I commanded. I would have much rather had Santa and the Easter Bunny be a fun game my parents played with me rather than a lie. When I learned they had been lying to me for so long, especially since they had stressed honesty so much and I would get spanked if I lied, I lost a lot of trust. Then, despite the emphasis on honesty I'd previously always been given, I was expected to also start knowingly lying to other kids to help them maintain the illusion, and when one of my close cousins fond out, she was really upset with me for lying. Kids' imaginations are strong and work just fine without actual deception. The fact that so many think that premade, mass produced lies=healthy creativity is concerning. Also, if you start something knowing it will break your kid's heart and lead to a melt down of tears, maybe you should reevaluate if it's worth doing.

Fun fact: Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of prostitutes

I learned that about St. Nicholas a couple of years ago.

My mother never had this problem with us because she always told us about those as legends and never implied they actually existed. She always told us wether we believe in them or not is our own choice.

neuronerd 28

As difficult as it is, they had to find out sometime, and making it to 2nd grade is actually a pretty long time to believe in these things. I'm surprised no other kids told them first.

I found out that the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and Santa didn't exist when I was nine when my granddad went on a drunken rant.

Mathalamus 24

Well, at least they are intelligent. There is nothing wrong with you acting on behalf of the Easter bunny or Santa. They both can't be everywhere.

Maybe a good thing? The entire concept of the Easter Bunny is weird illogical and creepy. Same with Santa.

An all seeing, all knowing mystical being keeps tabs on you all year round, including watching you whilst you sleep... sounds pretty creepy to me. But seriously #24, lighten up!

And don't forget that they break into your house at night!

JohnTheDonJuan 11

It's probably for the best. They've had a good six or so years to believe in the "magic" of Santa and the Easter Bunny. But now it's time they get used to how things really are. They'll appreciate you more and understand that their gifts are actually from you. Plus, it saves them the embarrassment of being the kid crying their eyes out on the bus when some older or smarter kid informs them.

Wait older and 'smarter'? What makes them smarter that they don't believe in the Easter bunny or Santa?