By Samaritan - 19/01/2010 13:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I was given a ticket for running a red light. The reason? I was moving out of the way of an ambulance. The police officer watched it go by. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 728
You deserved it 3 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bribe him with a doughnut. If that doesn't work, file a complaint.

Comments

PentiumBawls8 0

Not all streets and traffic are affixed the same way. It all depends. sometimes the ambulance driver cannot rely on using an alternate opposite lane because a lot of folks think that its ok to keep driving causing a hinder in pathway escape for the ambulance driver...therefore i find it justifiable to run a red light just to pull aside to let the ambulance go through. and the cop was a complete moron

EveryDayJackAss 0

good things you do, shit happens to you

Don't you know just to stop until it is your turn to move again? Let the ambulance get around you. Of course then you would be ticketed for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle or some nonsense. I suggest you stop driving entirely as the number of traffic crimes decreases when you're a pedestrian.

uhohuscrewedup 0

ya I had to do the same for a squad car, but didn't get a ticket. take it to court!

YDI Definitely. It's a basic question in drivers ED. You do not have the right to break traffic rules, only emergency vehicles do. You are supposed to stop, you're not allowed to cross into oncoming traffic to let him through, run lights, go up on the sidewalk and knock over a taco stand.... you're not an emergency vehicle numbnuts. All these people saying the cop was an idiot, what were you sleeping in drivers ed? Most people know you can't run a red for an ambulance whey they're 15 years old. You could have killed somebody.

If the lights were working as they should, no traffic should have been passing on that road anyway. If it were a narrow road or other cars were in the way, it's possible that the OP really did HAVE to move so that the ambulance could get where it's going. Still technically "illegal," maybe, but if that were the case then the officer should have let it slide.

510lobita510 0

reminds me of the ones where I live