By almost jobless - 11/07/2012 18:26 - United States

Today, I was at work, photographing a baby boy. I grabbed a bench for him to use to hold himself upright. His mom asked if she should hold him instead, but I told her he'd be fine. Two seconds later, he fell backwards and brought the bench down on top of him. There goes my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 622
You deserved it 32 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

itsa_maddy 19

You obviously don't know anything about kids, and gravity.

Well if he was a fairly new baby you shouldnt have expected him to be able to hold his own weight up

Comments

marisadc79 0

I'd have been pissed too if it had been my baby. I'm guessing you don't have kids or you wouldn't have thought that was alright but the mom should have held her ground and said no way. YDI for sure. Poor little baby hope it's alright and not traumatized.

Sounds like you're both as bad as each other...unfortunately though, most people think anyone can work with children so the knowledge of parents and people who work with children is unlikely to change. Next time, as mum should know her baby best, ASK her if she thinks her baby can sit unaided instead of telling her what will and won't be fine. And if she doesn't know and the baby falls, F it's life but at least you won't be liable and hopefully mum will come to her senses.

F your life ?? What about the poor child??

bet next time you will listen to the parents huh . YDI

As a long time photographer, I can tell you this: causing yourself harm out of neglect while taking a photo is one thing, placing someone else in harm to get a photo makes you selfish, more so after the error of your ways had been pointed out to you.

I_dont_exist 5

tell the mother that u actually work for bench fail magazine and her sons gonna be on the cover :D

hateevryone 14

Don't be too mad at yourself. Just take the parents suggestions next time.

It's not YOUR responsibility to tell that mother what's good for her child. That mother should know and not listen to anyone else.