By thatwasmiz - 08/04/2009 06:38 - United States

Today, I was at a gay bar and asking a really convincing drag queen about her daily routine. I asked how she tucked her penis in. She responded, "Um, I'm a woman." I said, "Oh I'm sorry, are you pre-op or post-op?" She said, "No, I always have been and always will be a woman, asshole." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 554
You deserved it 78 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aren't those extremely personal questions to be asking? Could we get a transgender/transvestite to weigh in on this discussion?

I clicked YDI, then FML. It's a bit of both, I'vegottaa say, some of them can be pretty damn convincing!

Comments

imhawaiian 0

Wow, you win for the biggest asshole of the night.

People. STFU. Apparently it is a crime for a female to be at a gay bar. Like it was said earlier, lesbians are gay people. Also, it should BE acceptable for straight people to go to gay bars. Next, you don't start a conversation the way you did. Would you do the same thing with someone else, with different circumstances of course. You definitely deserved that one, assfuck.

What the hell is with people saying she shouldn't have been in a gay bar because she's a woman?! What, so there are no gay women now? This is going to be a massive surprise to all the gay women I know who go to gay bars. Gay doesn't just refer to homosexual men, it refers to homosexual women too. And even if she was heterosexual, like it matters? Pretty sure they allow all types into bars. Geez.

It'd be kinda ironic if the woman you said that to wound up posting her story on here too. I'm not saying you're completely free of blame here, but...for what reason would a possibly straight woman be doing at a gay bar for men? And this is just my perspective. Don't know if there are gay bars exclusively for men and women, but from how the story sounds, this was a gay bar exclusively for men.

youknowit2 0

#22 - I am, and always have been, a woman. And, my index finger is shorter than my ring finger. As is the case with my sister, my best friend, and a co-worker. I think you need to check your facts. Its not uncommon for women to go to gay bars (sometimes its nice to go with a gay friend, or just go out and not have drunk idiots hitting on you...), but I have never met a woman who does drag shows. Thats kind of missing the "drag" part. I personally know a couple drag queens I have worked with for different charity fund raisers- some identify as men, some as women, some pre-op, some post-op. Some tape, some tuck. They're generally very open about it. Its not something you generally come out and ASK, but I'm not completely sure this story is 100% truthful, in that somethings arent adding up.... but I guess its possible. Just dont ask next time. Wait for them to bring it up.

#114, there's no such thing as bars "exclusively for" one gender or another (unless you count certain strip joints). As long as you're over 21 (at least in the US), you can go to whatever bar you want.

dude doesnt matter if she was a he, she, et, pre-op, post-op, or whatever you just do not open that can of worms.