By brianfantana32 - 12/09/2012 04:24 - United States - Spokane

Today, I was assigned to write a short story about what we imagine Earth to be like in 500 years, and daily conflicts people experience. My teacher loved it and read it aloud to the class. He asked for my inspiration, and I didn't have the heart to say that I ripped off Mass Effect 3. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 628
You deserved it 26 827

brianfantana32 tells us more.

brianfantana32 10

This. This is more of a morality issue than a legal issue. I didn't take it word for word (even though that's hard to do since it's a video game and not a book), I just used the concept.

Top comments

Mass Effect is the best inspiration hahah~

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I hope you put your own twist on it and didn't write just about how the game is, exactly. :|

Comments

When I was sixteen I ripped off a Warhammer Fantasy story for a piece of GCSE coursework. Got an A and never got caught out. Be smart and make sure you don't get caught.

Honestly, it doesn't matter depending on how OP twisted the story and events. How many different things are based (closely and loosely) off of King Arthur, Merlin, Camelot, etc? As long as you put some effort to make it your own, then its just inspiration.

iTsbSkuLLy 8

I hope when the Reapers came up you didn't use the word Reapers.

AphyTheBronette 15

Why not it's pretty accurate. Or would scary dead very pissed off bad breathed monsters coming to assimilate us!!! Oh I wonder how OP explained... Husks or omg Banshee..god those things gimme the creeps...

Hey I cant blame you,I would do the same thing,plus you did do assignment correctly!

cheshireau 26
Mister_Triangle 21

Irregardless, I think he could care less about proper English. Which is ironic

26... Tell me you're joking. PLEASE tell me that was a joke...

solosohigh 15

26- clearly, neither could you. "irregardless" is redundant and not technically a word.

bengermin 5

^ the force is not strong with this one. Sarcasm, madam. He was using sarcasm.

There are some poignant themes only briefly touched on in the Mass Effect series. I love when people take those themes and expand upon them. So long as this is what you did, I say kudos! Also, now I'm curious to read this story.

lexi365 20

I'm surprised no one else in your class said something. I mean I don't think you are the only gamer in that class. BTW my boyfriend told me something about how the ending was terrible? Like Shepard dies or something?

AphyTheBronette 15
brianfantana32 10

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!! Hasn't the Internet taught you anything!? But seriously, I am the only gamer in my class who doesn't just play "Call of Duty". So, yes, I am the only one in that class who has played ME3.

snakeassault 0

In college, I had to invent a religion as part of a test in a religious studies class. I basically ripped off the Legend of Zelda.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite short story on the Citadel. (sorry, couldn't resist!)

ToraWithLove 3

I was just about to make that joke!