By phantomthelabrat - 31/03/2014 12:24 - United States - Fargo

Today, I was assigned to be the one to teach Grandpa how to use his new smartphone. An hour in, and we're still going over volume controls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 556
You deserved it 4 228

Same thing different taste

Top comments

have fun! and be patient, you know how old people are with technology! it's understandable... somewhat.

Cherish these moments, as annoying as they may be. He won't be around forever. Make fond memories :)

Comments

doglover100 28

My grandma has a flip phone. My dad has an iPhone but never turns it on.

That's why I say, don't piss off ur mom, dad and granny... U must suffer ;) lol, jk... U have some good bonding with ur grand pa going over there

Well I gave my S3 to my mum as a birthday present, the amount of times she has come and asked me how to open a message is unreal. :(

jaellin 18

I feel your pain op! I am in charge of "fixing"my grandparents tv 3+ times/week...it has never once been anything besides changing the input, but no matter how many tines i show them, explain it, write it down, etc. they still call baffled.

I don't get why people give older people and children smart phones. Older people, unless they want something more advanced usually just want a smart phone. And children that are below the age of sixteen don't need anything but a flip phone to call parents

I totally agree with you, weird that people are thumbing it down. I myself have a touch screen phone, yes, but it's not an Android or anything. Calling and texting I can do fine with it and I have access to internet and I don't feel like I'm missing out because I don't have Flappy Bird on my phone or something.

whoever bought your grandpa a smart phone is an idiot. he is fine with old fashion flip phone.

sohigh10 34

maybe just get him a Johns phone. It's lovely and great for the elderly.

Hey, Jimmy Carter was 89 when he sent his first text message (to his grandson, discussing the Colbert Report), so there's hope for your grandfather yet! Neither of my grandfathers lived to see the era of the smart phone, and my grandmothers were too sick when the technology was nascent.

I know how this feels! I had to sit there and teach my grandma how to use a DVD and VCR player one time and it got to the point where I just wrote out a list of detailed instructions and taped them to the cupboard. He might get it eventually tho so don't give up too soon. :)

Don't forget how long to took to teach you to read , ride a bike. Tie a shoe... Try to have the same patience.