By ShellShocked - 30/03/2013 04:06 - United States

Today, I turned 18. My parents got me a pineapple and a pair of socks. I'm allergic to pineapple, and the socks are too small. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 822
You deserved it 3 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Happy Birthday OP:) congrats on making it to 18!

Comments

Well put the pineapple under the sea and rent it out. Real estate is making a come back.

Give the socks to the pineapple. I'm sure he'll appreciate them.

sukeforth 9

I turned 18 today too!! Happy Birthday!!! Lol

democration 6

I'm not making any assumptions, but there are definitely some children who treat their parents like dirt... and if you happened to be an inconsiderate brat your whole life, it seems fair that you'd be rewarded with a cruddy gift. On the other hand, a bratty kid could be the product of bad parenting. I don't know. I'll bet you're an awesome person, OP. Happy (late) birthday!

Ali_Br_fml 33

Actually my sister had just switched to her in-laws' beliefs on commercialism a few months after I started college, so I didn't know they didn't celebrate holidays. And my point was that not everyone gets things for their birthdays, or even celebrates birthdays/holidays, so be happy they remembered. And hey, you could always do what someone in a different comment said, make a joke out of it.

I'm so sorry about that, OP. My parents did absolutely nothing for my 18th back in February. But the pineapple thing may be worse.